In search of a writer to create copy for a variety of toy packaging, both technical and creative ranging from toys to dolls for both boys and girls. You'll be working from the concept stage, through the necessary proofing and editing cycles, to arrive at final production copy. Works with a high level of independence, in cooperation with Product Development, Packaging and Marketing Departments. Must have the ability to work within tight deadlines and demonstrate a high degree of flexibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develops innovative written ideas, both creative and technical, from basic brainstorm concepts through to fully realized production copy for product, packaging and advertisements.
· Follows the development of copy, both creative and technical, through to final production stage.
· Must have the ability to work within tight deadlines and demonstrate a high degree of flexibility.
· Handle multiple projects simultaneously.
· Follow-up with all departments to ensure that copy is accurate and reflective of product.
· Determines, writes, edits, proofs and manages creative copy solutions.
· Proactive and quick thinker; a problem solver.
· Works directly with the Product Development team to develop innovative phrases, words to sell product.
· Works with the Product Development team and Packaging team to provide innovative solutions that showcase important features of the product.
· Creates and writes sell sheets for the Sales team to provide to customers.
· A dynamic writing and editing resource for the company
BA in Journalism, Communication or related field
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED/PREFERRED
· At least 2 years of prior copywriting experience, preferably with a history in packaging, toy industry and advertisements
· Fully MAC /PC computer literate; must have a fair working knowledge of Illustrator
· Ability to multi-task and demonstrate a team-oriented attitude
· Ability to prepare conceptual materials to support internal and external presentations according to project briefing
· Ability to meet all deadlines required
· Proactive thinker and problem solver
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Able to deal with changing priorities
· Excellent follow-through skills
· Very detail-oriented
· Positive personality
· Great organizational skills
· Great time-management skills