For this assignment, the Worldwide Enterprise Strategy team at Aquent's Client, is looking for an editor to shape world-class content for global enterprise sales and technical professionals. The content will primarily appear on Clients’s internal sales website, to be read by client employees, partners, and customers around the world. Stories and articles will need to be clear, direct, friendly, concise, simple, and practical. Editors will need to become (intimately) familiar with our style guides and processes. Copy editors will work with business teams, program managers, instructional designers, communications writers, media teams, and other stakeholders to apply consistent standards and elevate the quality of the writing. Copy editors will be sticklers for details while never losing sight of the big picture of what the content and the organization are trying to achieve. Copy editors will work with other editors and cross-functional teams to create and evolve style guides, internal job aids, and internal training, and will also act as a QA function for the team, in partnership with other editors.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- At least 8 years of experience in a full-time editing role
- Expertise in Associated Press or Chicago style (grammar, spelling, syntax, diction, and punctuation)
- Experience editing content for at least one of the following industries: Telco, IT infrastructure & Consulting, App Development, or Business Process Reengineering
- Experience editing for a business sales or technical audience
- Understanding of technical concepts, such as app development, networking configurations, device deployment and integration, troubleshooting strategies, and programming.
- Proven ability to articulate editing recommendations and collaborate daily with writers and subject matter experts (SMEs)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proven ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure, in a fast-paced environment
- Experience using client products
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, or related field
- The ability to pour his or her heart into a design, while simultaneously working collaboratively with others to critically assess the work, and remain open to suggestions for improvement
- Flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity, strong time management skills, self-motivated, action-oriented, independent worker, creative, artistic, detail-oriented, excellent communication skills (verbal and written), perseverance, and ability to receive critical feedback.