Large Entertainment and Consumer Products brand in Glendale is seeking a Copy Editor to join their team. This is a 3-month temporary opportunity with the possibility of extension.
**Experience writing product descriptions for e-commerce sites is required. Must provide a portfolio with product description copy samples. Experience writing descriptions of toys, children's clothing and accessories highly preferred.**
- Proofread all product descriptions before they launch on the website and edit accordingly.
- Be the liaison between the copy team and the buying team.
- Follow up for information / make edits as requested, make sure the voice/tone of each description aligns with the item featured.
- Write product descriptions during busy times.
- Experienced with writing product copy, both hardlines and softlines (ideally familiar with contemporary fashions).
- Very familiar with the brand, its franchises and characters.
- Accurate proof reader and editor.
- Detail oriented. Copy needs to be accurate, both grammatically and factually.
- Fast. Huge workload and speed is imperative.
- Self-motivated. Extremely busy team and doesn’t have time to micro-manage someone.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams: buyers, merchandisers, photographers, marketing, etc. Part of the self-motivation is to learn to ask the right people for information.
- Someone who is used to working in a fast-paced environments with a high-volume turnaround.