Aquent's client is looking for a Copy Editor / Proofreader to work on-location in office in Menomonee Falls. This is a contract role, most likely 6 months and can extend if things are going well. (40 hours week) MUST have a portfolio of proofreading, editing, copywriting examples, preferably from an agency or in-house setting. This would be on a dynamic fast moving team in the retail space.
Ensures grammatical and stylistic accuracy in all aspects of Marketing deliverable; creates collaboration between teams. Loves delving into the correct use of grammar. Energized by focusing on grammar, style, mechanics and usage. Enjoy working on a team to establish style/usage guidelines to ensure brand integrity across all channels.
- Edits copy to ensure accuracy
- Understands grammar, usage, mechanics and style.
- Demonstrates familiarity with the brand and brand usage guide, and formats callouts according to those standards.
- Occasionally acts as content editor on special projects, making editorial decisions on appropriateness, effectiveness and style of content.
- Writes minimal copy when needed.
- Manages, develops and maintains style guides.
- Integrates and implements process
- Meets regularly with internal partners to evaluate current process, calibrating and adjusting where necessary
- Proposes new structural or workflow solutions to increase efficiency
- Writes production copy