The editor is responsible for content quality and must have a solid working knowledge of grammar, punctuation, and composition in providing clarity and flow. The editor contributes to a successful review process through meticulous fact checking, referencing and annotating of resources in adherence with compliances, guidelines and standards.
While copy editing skills are critical to this role, the ideal candidate will also possess strong writing skills, and be familiar with health literacy principles and practices.
Key Accountabilities :
- Write, rewrite and edit copy
- Fact check, reference and annotate resources for successful review cycles
- Use proofreading , grammar and punctuation to provide quality output
- Ensure content adheres to all compliances, guidelines and standards prior to and during formal review processes
- Effectively manage changes to modular content manuscripts
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously with concurrent deadlines
- Remain relevant by keeping abreast of all guidelines and standards
- Contribute to efficiencies by being proficient with electronic and online editing and review tools
- BA or BS degree in English or Communications
- 3 to 5 years writing and editing experience preferably within the pharmaceutical field or studio/agency environment
- 2 to 3 years’ experience annotating resources and reference sourcing
- Health Literacy certification highly sought; but not mandatory