The Creative Director is responsible for writing headlines and localising copy for our Technology clients marketing
communications, which includes web, in-store, direct mail and other materials. This involves supervising (and
reworking) the adaptation of copy originally written in U.S. English, for other markets.
- Write, review, and empower campaigns for the clients brand and products.
- Maintain the brand tone of voice in your language. The tone should be consistent, regardless of media format.
- Ensure all messages are clear, follow the spirit of the English master copy and communicate the same strategic or product point.
- Guide and maintain the quality of the translated long copy, wherever it appears.
- Review, rewrite and approve all translated marketing copy from our translation partners.
- Work with a team of copywriters, editors and translators and take full responsibility for the quality and accuracy of their work.
- Oversee TV, print and digital advertising created by our advertising agency and help steer the team in decisions made on behalf of the client. This includes providing feedback on casting, script development and final executions.
- Creative thinker with solid copywriting skills.
- A minimum of 8 years experience in the advertising agency world:
- Gained in the best creative agencies in the market (not necessarily the biggest or most successful)
- Working as a copywriter and then copy-based Creative Director for a good number of years
- Worked on international and local brands.
- Fluent oral and written Arabic and English. Understands language subtleties (especially when it comes to adapting headlines).
- Conceptual creative who can come up with big ideas (when needed), but also focused on smallest details. Like punctuation.
- Obsessed with excellent writing that is thoughtful, meaningful, provocative at times, clear and inspiring.
- Teamwork – easy to get along with – be able to work with Editors and a team of creative.
- In-country based / native speaker (in the market language).
- Tech-savvy / used Mac before (or willing to learn).
- Good knowledge of technology products on the market.
- Must be able to travel as required, sometimes several weeks at a time.