Vitamin T is working with a well known digital marketing agency looking for a Media Planner working to place client advertising messages in paid media outlets so that they are seen by targeted audiences across channels. Role involves working with the client to establish objectives as well as target audiences, and then determining the best media mix to reach that audience at the appropriate frequency and at the most efficient cost. Responsible for a wide-range of media related activities including requesting proposals, negotiating rates, presenting media plans, placing buys, confirming placements run as scheduled and ensuring accurate billing. Position will work on one of the agencies' highest profile B2B clients.
- Develop custom tailored media plans, especially those targeting B2B markets.
- Maintain an excellent relationship with clients, vendors and internal departments.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors at the best possible terms.
- Prepare well thought out plans that deliver on media objectives and strategies.
- Present plans clearly, concisely and persuasively to clients, prospects and internal teams.
- Manage the implementation of all approved media plans and projects, including issuing insertion orders and communicating what creative deliverables are needed.
- Deliver ad tags to vendors and implement and oversee programmatic campaigns
- Prepare performance reports and work closely with analytics department to gain actionable insights.
- Assist consulting and engagement team with planning overall budgets.
- Collaborate with media team and share results of campaigns.
- Stay current on client history, present organization, their procedures and industry conditions.
- Help train consulting and engagement team members or other members of the strategy and planning team on the proper methods of preparing, implementing and evaluating media plans.
- Stay abreast of the ever-changing media landscape and inform peers of such developments.
- Recommend new agency tools and strive to make processes for the planning, execution and management of paid media as efficient as possible.
- Participate in new business pitches as needed.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with consistent follow-through; proven ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent time management and timely turn-around responses to clients.
- Strong communication (oral and written) skills are essential.
- Provides an energy level that brings new and exciting ideas to the planning function.
- Solid understanding of media math.
- Ability to work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary teams and knows who to engage with in order to create an efficient and smooth process.
- A self-starter, highly responsive and able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Assess media performance and provide recommendations for optimizing return on investment.
- An advanced knowledge of Excel and proficiency with other Microsoft Office software.
- Experience using SRDS, Google Analytics and DoubleClick Campaign Manager (or other 3rd party ad server).
- Excellent computer skills and ability to work in a Mac environment.
- Experience managing a DSP or DMP is a plus.