- The Social Media Analyst is responsible for social media listening and reporting across multiple channels.
- This individual will utilize social media monitoring tools to report on campaign KPIs and produce clear and actionable performance dashboards.
- This individual will actively mine social media data to create insights that help execute the social media strategy including areas for amplification, community engagement and content strategy.
- The SMA will work closely with social media managers to ensure accurate and efficient campaign-specific reporting that showcases client’s goals and KPIs for success in addition to remain abreast of the latest changes and advancements in social media algorithms, channels, and tools.
THE COOL DAY-TO-DAY STUFF:
- Develop KPIs and visual dashboards and partner with internal and external agencies on collecting data when building reports.
- Devise and conduct optimization tests across social media channels.
- Collaborate with team members and clients to translate findings into strategic campaign actions such as: optimized campaign spending and creative directions for content.
- Discovering and presenting predictive insights that inform decisions around social media tactics and strategy that deepen engagement with key audiences and that expand audience/reach.
- Collaborate with digital team members to implement changes and/or improvements in strategy to effectively optimize for marketing goals, campaign spending, and user experience across social channels.
- Assist in the development and execution of measurement and implementation plans.
- Build reporting frameworks alongside the social media team and clients for accurate reporting.
SPECIFIC REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Thorough knowledge of social media platforms including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat.
- Thorough knowledge and management of website analytics such as Google Analytics
- Hands-on experience with social media reporting and listening tools such as: SimplyMeasured, Meltwater/Meltwater Buzz, Spredfast, and Facebook Insights.
- Ability to manage analytics projects through their entire life cycle in collaboration with internal and external team members.
- Knowledge of best practices in building and managing tracked campaign URLs through UTM parameters and other such means of tracking.
- In-depth and active knowledge of social media trends with a proven ability to stay ahead of the market for implementation and strategy.
- Expertise with mining data for insights using data analysis and database platforms such as: Super Metrics, Tableau, Salesforce, familiarity using Microsoft Excel.
- Professional immersion in digital-first settings preferred; personal and professional interest in social media, as well as robust experience in content marketing for consumer brands.