We need a writer who understands design, or a designer with serious writing chops. This is a multi-faceted creative role focused on the Design online presence and documentation, equal parts creative writing and technical know-how. We need someone who can tell a great design story, whether through editorials, UX writing, documentation, or copywriting; quickly nailing the Design voice to deliver amazing content to our teams and to the world.
What you’ll do
- Audit existing editorial content, develop processes and guidelines, evolve and deliver a compelling tone of voice true to ourdesign ethos
- Write Fluent Design System guidance for multiple platforms, including native Windows and web apps
- Leverage existing developer documentation and integrate it into design guidance; blending the lines between the technical and the artistic
- Own editorial improvements, maintenance, and calendaring of our website. You’ll also work collaboratively with the designers to ensure that the design and content speak with one voice
- Connect with design partners across the company to source, organize, research, and write design stories that resonate with a creative audience
What you’ve got
- Impressive writing skills and a portfolio to back it up. Storytelling, copywriting, UX writing, documentations, white papers – anything and everything that shows you’re awesome at narrative, voice, content strategy, and creative writing
- Best practices and principles for writing for a design audience, and an open mind to educate the team and elevate our perspective
- An understanding of design terminology and the relationship between technology and product design
- The ability to break down large swaths of information into digestible content. Basically, you understand design lingo and can translate it for different audiences
- The basics on web authoring, including formatting, troubleshooting, tracking and data collection, and SEO best practices
- An open mind, curiosity about design-in-tech, and a willingness to learn – quickly – by doing
Are open to interpretation. We see this as a unique role in which the right person will invent the role as they go, in a collaborative partnership with the team. We need you to be able to deliver on the expectations described above, but your background, degree, and years of experience are less of a concern than having the creative je ne sais quoi and hybrid mentality we’re looking for.
- Experience as a writer and has the ability assist with strategy, content, and editing.
- Can help with Writing Design Guidance
- Can help establish tone of voice
- Contributing to the content of design Website (Design guidance, profiles, and articles)
- Has any design experience is a Huge plus and would make them a very strong candidate.
- You have experience with Style Guides, Google Material Design, or any style guide experience.
- Experience Adobe Sigma, Sketch experience also a HUGE Plus.
- Writing samples must include design or technical content