Location: Burrard Station, Vancouver
Assignment Length- 4 Months
Onsite, Monday through Friday, 9-5
37.5 hours per week
Looking to start someone ASAP
The contract Content Writer will be responsible for generating, editing and curating content and special features for client's corporate website, project proposals, and articles, with the aim of increasing the company's effectiveness in attracting and engaging with target audiences.
Duties and responsibilities
- Curate content, ensuring the homepage is up-to-date and reflects current priorities, including selecting content and writing web copy
- Oversee the development of resource packages, including curating content and writing web copy
- Maintain the Featured Publications section, including writing web stories to promote publications
- Liaise with the Global Project Communications Coordinator, researchers and project coordinators in developing web resources and sites, give clear briefs to the web team on changes required, write and edit copy, and guide projects to the end
- Write and/or edit corporate news stories, project news stories, event news stories and other material
Education, knowledge, and experience
- University degree in a related discipline (communications, development, international relations, environment, etc.),
- Demonstrated interest and experience in the use of websites for science or other research/development communications,
- Demonstrated ability to write and edit high-quality and accessible English-language science communications materials, especially for the web, in a range of styles as required, experience in writing for construction, architecture or forest products is highly preferred.
- Fluency in formal and idiomatic English
Personal Attributes and Competencies
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment,
- Strong client service approach,
- Resourceful, adaptable and self-directed, and able to find creative solutions,
- Passion for excellence.