If you write product content - we want you! AQUENT is seeking a writer to support our Client’s product content marketing efforts in Plano, TX.
In this exciting role, you’ll research and write content that helps influence the perception of their brand and educate customers. The ideal candidate should be a strategic thinker, creative problem solver and have a background in writing for e-commerce sites. You’ll have the opportunity to help build content efforts from the ground up. We’re looking for the right-mix of customer-centric content writing, SEO know-how and creativity.
You should be:
• Comfortable writing short-form content and product descriptions, working from a concept and execute strategically sound, creative ideas.
• Experienced in creating work that persuasively communicates marketing objectives to the end customer.
• Understand how to speak brand and marketing. We want someone who sees the bigger picture and helps others see it too.
• Brainstorm with the content team to generate ideas and creative concepts.
• Be self-organized and able to manage multiple deadlines on numerous, concurrent projects.
• Have strong presentation skills, you will be expected to articulate and sell your work.
• Consistently deliver quality work on time.
• Portfolio demonstrates industry and conceptual diversity, examples should be from a variety of channels and represent different types of marketing from awareness to direct. Work should show evidence of “thinking outside the box” while achieving business goals.
Skills that will help you succeed:
• You have a positive attitude and work well in an Editor/Writer partnership.
• You have experience contributing to a strategic process.
• You are just as comfortable with a short product descriptions as you are with a longer article.
• A clear understanding of tone and the ability to quickly adapt your writing style.
• An understanding of the importance of creative strategy, how to use it to create powerful work, and the ability to clearly present it to others for buy-in.
• The ability to handle multiple projects at once and meet aggressive deadlines.
• Copywriting portfolio submitted with resume. Diversity of work is key. We are interested in seeing produced content, editorial clips as well as some marketing/advertising work.
• At least 3 years of experience working in a marketing or advertising setting
• At least 2 years of experience writing SEO optimized content
• Experience writing about the Auto Industry a Plus Plus!!