We are looking for a writer who can help write about general interest topics or draws upon specialized knowledge in a technical area to produce information online or in print. Ideally you will have experience in writing internal communications/newsletters, All Hands summaries, blogs, social media posts (i.e. Twitter, LinkedIn) to support our business communication. Some as these communications are for our Engineering team so a technical background is crucial.
- You will be setting up weekly or biweekly meetings with everyone who writes the blogs. These meetings will discuss what they are writing about and the topics they are discussing. You will take all this information and polish the work to publish to social media.
- You will be working with SMEs and highlighting key information given to put onto social media outlets.
- You will work with the general manager (travels frequently so probably only once or twice a month) and write/post content on their behalf.
- Attending the All-Hands meetings (once a quarter) and taking notes to create a team newsletter to be sent out.
- Frequent work/collaboration with senior execs to create new content.
- 3+ years’ experience writing about technical areas (i.e. Cloud computing, network, etc.)
- Ability to extract key points/summary from text descriptions. (i.e. reading information and ability to translate the most important content onto Twitter)
- Strong marketing knowledge – ability to know how to grab the attention of customers and ability to work well within a team and independently.
- Demonstrated ability to write content in the designated area required.
- Familiarity with one or more standard style guides – be able to write to the specified style guide/format.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications or related area preferred.
**Person can work Part Time Remote!