Our financial services client is looking to add a Content Strategist/Manager to their Brand Marketing team.
The Content Strategist is accountable for executing content marketing initiatives to drive brand awareness, traffic, engagement and leads. Editorial requirements include basic SEO understanding, conversion, content categorization and structure, content development, distribution and measurement. This position requires a creative, out of the box thinker with a proven track record of developing robust content campaigns that deliver measurable results. Candidates will have passion and a strong grasp of current digital strategies and proven leadership skills.
• In close concert with other leaders and team members in the organization, develop and refine compelling content that aligns with objectives, strategy and goals.
• Accountable for management of short and long form content initiatives; Articles, whitepapers, infographics, etc. Skilled at developing content ranging from bite-sized to long form.
• Create and implement framework for planning, writing, editing and producing content.
• Manage and maintain a rich, segmented editorial calendar.
• Editorial requirements include basic SEO understanding, content categorization and structure, content development, distribution and measurement. Development of editorial governance so content is consistent with our brand voice, style and tone.
• Ensure content is on-brand, consistent in tone, and complies with SEO best practices.
• Measurement and optimization of the program will be required on a regular and ongoing basis.
• Co-management of creative resources including designers, writers, and other agency personnel.
• Work closely with Corporate Communications to drive brand narratives and position us as a thought leader.
• Collaborate well with cross-functional teams to leverage and optimize content marketing opportunities that deliver outstanding results.
• Drive content success metrics and analytics and obsessively track and measure results, gather insights, and optimize content for conversion.
• Seek open communication, welcome information sharing, request input from others and value diverse viewpoints.
• High integrity, energy and positive attitude in a fast-paced environment.
• 3-5 years working as a Content Marketing Manager.
• Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on communications, marketing, and business or equivalent working experience.
• Experience creating content for the web and growing a social audience.
• Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it.
• Focus on business impact, and know how to connect the dots between great messaging, measurement and metrics.
• Able to understand and align your efforts with the company’s market mission, strategy and financial objectives. You manage to budget, always looking for ways to spend less and deliver better.
• Ability to analyze and present content and social performance.
• Experience with Contently, Wordpress, Google analytics, Brand Maker and the top social channels.
• Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results in the form of engagement, leads and sales.