Content Strategist, Consumer Insights
This Top Social Network was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. Every day, everywhere, people turn to this Social Network to connect, share, discover, get informed and get inspired.
With 1.5 billion people using the website alone, and even more across our family of apps and services, the Global Consumer Insights team at This Top Social Network Company is able to offer insight and foresight into people's attitudes and behaviors across generations, geographies, devices and time that marketers are unable to find elsewhere. We are in a unique position to close the gap between consumers' shifting behavior and industry behavior. You can play a key part leading this movement on our Global Consumer Insights team.
The Consumer Insights team within North America Business Marketing is seeking a Content Strategist with a strong track record in analytics, marketing and creative writing who can leverage internal data tools and commissioned research to generate and activate working with research partners to identify the most actionable and salient findings and insights, and developing and writing world-class marketing materials based on these findings. Excellent writing and analytic skills are critical to success in this position, as is a demonstrated ability to work across cross-functional teams and with external partners and clients.
This is a 6 month contract position to cover a full time employee's maternity leave based in the company's Menlo Park offices.
• Identify topics of interest to marketing audiences and leverage the IQ consumer insights brand and platform to address these topics
• Work closely with the Marketing Science (internal) and external research partners to generate hypotheses about consumer behavior and facilitate research to address these hypotheses, including but not limited to:
o Broad people-driven stories at understanding people's attitudes, behaviors, desires, connections and lives, online and offline (e.g., Meet the Parents, The Thumb is in Charge, The New Mobile Primer for Beauty).
o People's behaviors on and off Social Media during different seasons (Back to School, Holidays, etc.), events (Super Bowl, the Olympics, etc.) and holidays (Mother's Day, Thanksgiving, etc.)
o Content related to recurring features: Hot Topics, the most-talked-about topics across genders and age groups each month on the Social Network; Video Ad Creative Spotlight, a creative showcase of video ads across verticals; and more.
• Develop and write world-class marketing materials based on internal/external data and research findings
• Leverage internal tools to analyze behavior; find and tell compelling stories about people's behaviors on and off the Social Network
• Synthesize data into compelling stories, marketing materials, infographics and other formats – including out of the box thinking to bring the data to life through creative design and activation.
• Work cross-functionally (across research, editorial, marketing, sales, design and other teams) to manage projects effectively and efficiently.
• Minimum of 8-10 years experience
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, English, Journalism or related field preferred
• Significant analytic experience; proven ability to translate data and research into actionable findings
• An editorial background with a special talent for storytelling
• Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented and delivering results in a highly organized manner
• Experience working in a cross-functional team environment
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal (proven written communication skills).
• Ability to maintain high quality work while meeting tight deadlines on multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to translate complex concepts into simple and intuitive communications
• Strong critical-thinking, research and problem-solving skills.
• Familiarity of marketing concepts and technologies within the online advertising space
• Sense of humor and ability to move quickly and adapt to constantly evolving work environment a must
Education: Bachelor's degree in Marketing, English, Journalism or related field preferred
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Content Strategist, Consumer Insights