The content strategist is responsible for ensuring that content is engaging, user-centered, on brand, and is easy to maintain and govern over time. The content strategist contributes to the development of websites and other content products, working closely with multidisciplinary teams to conceptualize, develop, and maintain content. The content strategist brings a keen awareness of the frequent need to reuse content across channels, and strategizes and develops content accordingly. Responsibilities span the lifecycle of campaigns from inception through launch and include collaborating with project sponsors and others to define content requirements, conduct content audits, create and synthesize content, edit, and enter content, as needed. This person will work on English- and Spanish-language content and must be fluent in both.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works closely with project sponsors to understand business needs and user needs to ensure that all content meets these requirements.
- Crafts content through the synthesis of a variety of written sources and other inputs, and writes original content and microcopy, as needed.
- Periodically conducts content audits and assists in the creation of content models and content usage rules that enable us to maintain consistent brand standards.
- Collaborates with experience designers and IT to determine, define, and document content types and elements that support publishing to web.
- Identifies opportunities where CMS enhancements can increase efficiency and effectiveness in content development and maintenance work flows and document those requirements for IT.
- Contributes to the creation of project plans, information architectures, and project artifacts in anticipation of content needs.
- Contributes to and maintains editorial calendars and curated content schedules.
- Bachelor's degree
- Five to seven years of experience in creating and managing content for diverse audiences within a digital content management system
- A deep understanding of how copy and interaction design support each other
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Experience in Web content management systems, especially Drupal, including experience, understanding of, and comfort with the technical and workflow issues surrounding large-scale digital content projects
- Uncanny ability to identify content gaps in a user flow
Related Skills & Other Requirements:
- Experience in education-related industries strongly preferred.
- Able to use empathy, reason, and data to inform content choices.
- A champion for writing that supports both the content and the user.
- Calm and graceful under pressure, with flexibility and adaptability to rapidly changing environment, who admits mistakes quickly openly.
- Demonstrated ability to apply editorial skills as part of a team in a structured editorial process
- Experience working in agile product development environment
- Familiarity with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines and how to implement their best practices and standards