Content Strategist (Temp-Perm, Full-time)
This position will create talent development content that achieves brand promise to create purpose driven leaders within the framework of content strategy. This position will create highly engaging, thought-provoking and interactive content that appeals to millennial, adult learners. This position will work closely with the Vice President of Content Strategy as well as customer experience, sales, marketing and product teams to create the best product we can deliver to our customers. This position will also work with freelancers and content partners when applicable.
The ideal candidate in this role will have experience building leadership development courses for adult learners, training modules, and micro learning and be curious and creative. In addition, we are looking for someone who is skilled at developing repeatable systems and processes.
- Develop and curate engaging content that creates purpose driven leaders.
- Update technical manuals and directions for content creation so that our freelancers can be more easily onboarded.
- Own up-to-date content catalogue, edit existing content, always ensure quality across the platform.
- Partner with strategic thought leaders, authors and leadership development experts to get their content in the platform.
- Enable and assist the VP of Content Strategy while together, you build out the content according to the content roadmap.
- Lead and oversee our custom content for customers if needed.
- Lead and oversee our team of freelancers if needed.
- Provide a consistent experience, level of service, and end product to our various audiences
- Create learning assets so well constructed, fun and transformational that users will be left wanting more
- Create mentorship prompts that will lead to learning
- Find great articles, podcasts, books, frameworks and videos that will aid in the development of purpose driven leaders
- Capability of writing in an approachable, yet professional voice
- Work professionally, compassionately, and assertively to create repeatable processes that drive efficiency
- Be adaptable and skilled at prioritization with multiple projects and numerous priorities
- Partner well with stakeholders including freelancers, internal teams, account owners, and users
- Create content for a digital platform and offer suggestions for improvement
- Embrace iteration and have a scalable system for version control
- Adhere to standards and content framework
- Be willing to learn new skills and create new, possibly disruptive materials for higher engagement of our users
- Intelligently leverage experts, previously existing materials, and the rest of the team to make excellent talent development materials on a wide range of topics
- Write well, edit well and think creatively
- Be interested in social impact and purpose driven leadership and conscious capitalism
- Contribute to building a highly skilled, nimble, creative, solution-driven, and results-oriented team
- Exhibit self-reliance and the ability to find answers and inspiration on your own
Background / Experience
- Experience working in a start up or small company. Able to be flexible, proactive and make good decisions despite ambiguity.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Ability to innovate and create value with limited resources
- Four-year degree in writing, instructional design or communications
- Instructional Design Certification (for adult learners) a plus
- Experience in leadership is a plus
- Experience creating micro-learning assets
- Proven ability to develop/deliver content for adult learners
- Ability to focus and turn out work in an organized fashion
- Willingness to adhere to process, and improve processes when necessary
- Experience communicating to large groups of diverse stakeholders (ideally from a variety of geographic locations)
- Excellent written communication skills
- Proven work ethic and ability to work independently
- A track record of delivering projects on time
- Curiosity about the day-to-day experience of our users
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to respond quickly and appropriately to changing priorities
- Desire for feedback from stakeholders to help improve content, delivery mechanisms and tone & style
- Proven record of offering high levels of customer service to internal customers
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence
- A passion for purpose driven leadership, soft skill building and a sense of ownership for the success of the business
- Strong analytical and problem-solving/prevention skills
- Sound judgment and integrity