Our Fortune 500 client, a leader in banking technology, is seeking an experienced Content Strategist to work on creating user-centered experiences for its digital platforms - mobile app, responsive web, ATM, Artificial Intelligence and other emerging technologies. This role is onsite in the Boston, MA area, 40 hours a week, health benefits and 401K offered, until Dec. 28th, 2018 with an opportunity to extend.
Fun facts about our client – in 1904, this client started as The Bank of Italy in San Francisco, originally established to serve the working-class in the area. The founder offered those ignored customers, savings accounts and loans - judging them not by their wealth, but by their character. The bank grew rapidly and became who they are today with more consumer deposits than any other U.S. bank. In addition, is his daughter was the first woman to serve on any Board of Directors. Truly ground-breaking in so many ways.
What You Will Do:
As a Content Strategist for the Digital Design, you will work with interaction designers, graphic designers, researchers, strategic designers, design program managers, content strategists, design technologists and other creative professionals. The team is constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to find ways all our digital platforms can empower customers to reach their financial goals in more customized, intuitive, innovative, engaging, secure, and time-saving ways.
As a Content Strategist, you’ll certainly do:
• Brand evangelist optimizing for digital interfaces.
• Develops content strategy based on business goals and user needs optimized for consumption context.
• Collects and creates content inventories from which new content can be created.
• Audits existing content to determine current performance and opportunities for improvement. Perform gap-analysis to discover room for improvement.
• Delivers best-fit copy.
What You Need as a Content Strategist:
- 5+ years of copywriting experience with a dazzling portfolio of design work. (Web and mobile work a must)
- An understanding of user-centered design methodologies and rapid ideation, e.g. Lean UX, Design Sprints, and Fail-Fast, and experience liaising with a UX team.
- An understanding Adobe products (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects); Axure, Sketch. This is for liaison purposes with the design team.
- Financial industry experience preferred, project management experience a plus.