Top Travel & Hospitality client is seeking a Content Strategist for a one year temporary assignment with full benefits!
Disney Parks & Resorts Digital is seeking a Content Strategist with mobile App experience to join an in-house Content Strategy team based in Glendale, CA. The candidate will work on a variety of App and Web projects as an individual contributor on a creative team, contributing Content Strategy insights and deliverables. We seek an experienced Content Strategist with prior CS experience either in-house or within an agency, ideally focusing on mobile App projects. This position will need to hit the ground running with very limited on-job training.
The Content Strategist (CS) synthesizes content strategy best practice, business direction, product strategy, data, and research from internal and external sources to define narrative goals and guidelines that ensure consumers find the information they need where and when they need it within our digital experiences.
The role requires creative ideation and detailed content management - a combination of high-level and low-level skills, from visualizing and socializing complex strategies, to spreadsheet entry and page-level maintenance. We seek a person who can take on a wide-variety of tasks simultaneously, can self-manage demanding project timelines and can collaborate with stakeholders to form a comprehensive strategy and present it to a room full of people. Essentially, we need a go-getter with smart content strategy ideas who can present a vision to a team and follow through on the details to ensure it comes to fruition.
The CS collaborates with Interaction Design, Digital Design (Visual Design), Media, Technology, SEO, Analytics, Product Management, and Production to ensure strategic continuity across disciplines and to achieve the communication goals of the project. The Content Strategist produces Content Briefs, Content Maps/Layouts, Navigation charts and spreadsheets that catalog web pages, App screens and entities in an experience, including meta data, display rules, and other defining characteristics, to support SEO, copywriting, CMS development, and other design and development activities.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
• Prior content strategy experience (or a writing background coupled with marketing/branding with a keen interest in the field of content strategy)
• Mobile App-related content experience
• At least 5-7 years experience as a member or leader of large, multidisciplinary digital design/development teams.
• Broad knowledge and understanding of digital design, development, and production processes.
• Knowledge and background in business/marketing strategy with a demonstrable understanding of marketing, branding, audience analysis, and usability issues.
• Affinity for storytelling and a history of success adapting and applying storytelling skills to digital experiences.
• Proven ability to balance multiple projects, work with various creative and technical disciplines, and deliver against aggressive deadlines.
• History of independent thinking, decision-making, and consensus-building.
• Strong consulting and presentation skills.
• Strong client service, communication, and team-building skills.
• Strong analytical, strategic, planning, and organizational skills.
• Advanced software skills including Microsoft Office (Excel especially), Google Drive, Keynote and JIRA.
• Diplomacy and grace under pressure.
• Strategic, user-centric, digital design/development experience with emphasis on travel, consumer, business, and/or commerce projects.
• Writing, content development
• Marketing and/or branding
• Understanding of digital design and technologies and production processes.
• Strong familiarity with parks and resorts brands, products and Guests.
• Knowledge of and familiarity with current and emerging digital technologies and industry trends.
• Ability to navigate maturely in challenging political environments.
• Leverages industry, business, Guest, product, and site research and analytics to guide content decisions on App and Web projects.
• Develops strategic ideas to inspire, shape, and create cogent and compelling narrative experiences on App and Web.
• Creates, communicates, and directs the content strategy for a project with an eye toward branding, marketing, business goals, CS best practices, and Guest needs.
• Helps guide the content creation, maintenance, management and governance of content for all assigned projects.
• Develops and maintains page inventories to document page-level information including URLs, keywords, page titles, copy notes, etc.
• Develops and maintains filter documentation that include the categories, dimensions and values of content entities, their relationships, and the rules governing filter displays.
• Collaborates with Copywriters/Editors to ensure the content achieves business goals and supports the Guest experience.
• Provides direction to vendors and external consultants in content-related tasks and assignments.
• Ensures consistency and collaboration between disciplines and strategic continuity across deliverables.
• Researches and reports on relevant industry trends and best practices to identify opportunities for new or improved content experiences.