Large Media Corporation in New York is seeking a Content Strategist to join their team. The Content Strategist will join their in-house content studio dedicated to best-in-class content experiences across video, print, digital and event activations. You will play a leading role in crafting strategic content solutions to client opportunities that will leverage the full power of the brand. Reporting to the Executive Director of Content & Strategy, the Senior Manager will lead content brainstorms, shape content creation strategy, edit a variety of story types and present directly to clients across different categories and industries.
- Be the creative lead on RFPs and new business opportunities with regard to native content proposals
- Conceive unique, original, best-in-class native content campaigns that align with the brand's diverse audiences and advertiser goals
- Work with the Executive Director of Content & Strategy to manage native content campaigns from pre-sale, to activation, to finish
- Be client facing when necessary and be a comfortable and capable public presenter
- Assist with the deployment of post-sale activated concepts across platforms
- Interact with internal teams and clients for updates on campaign performance as well as opportunities
- Knowledgeable: You have a Bachelor’s degree with 5-8 years of experience in an advertising or publishing environment. You are ultimately a storyteller, and comfortable doing so on a range of dynamic platforms. You understand the editorial landscape and user experience, maintain high standards and have a sharp eye for detail. Experience as a brand strategist or copywriter is a plus but not required.
- Strategic: You are a strategic thinker who can synthesize client objectives into creative concepts and seamlessly translate them into content executions across any media format – navigating easily from big picture to small details. Further, you have a high degree of empathy and hold the consumer experience/journey as most important.
- Collaborative: You have a demonstrated ability to work across departments and with both internal and external stakeholders. You enjoy partnering with others and possess strong project management skills. You’re driven by tight deadlines and motivated by creating custom content that contributes to a high client retention rate.
- Organized: You live by prioritization and organization. You’re a born multi-tasker who loves to take on a good challenge; especially on a tight deadline. You see the big picture, but your attention to detail and creative flair make you an invaluable asset to any team.
- Witty: You’ve always got the perfect retort ready on the tip of your tongue and you know how to make others laugh, or at least crack a smile. You’re a quick thinker with a passion for wordplay, never at a loss for what to say.