AQUENT is seeking for a Content Strategist with design background to build trustworthy relationships with associates by making 'simplicity and humanity' core facets while establishing a cohesive conversation with users, both within and across many digital platforms.
We’re the HR Marketing and Design team. We focus on ensuring our associates have the best experiences and interactions with HR. We’re looking for a content strategist to help anticipate and shape the conversations we have with our associates – at every touch point and in every channel. Working alongside our product and design teams, you won't just be the writer, you'll be coaching others to design great content. You'll also probably spend some time helping our team create more authentic and human experiences for our associates.
A typical day in the life:
• Lead a journey-mapping session to outline the associate Annual Enrollment Benefits experience.
• Host Content Power Hours with the HR teams to solve for quick content wins with your product and design partners.
• Run a 2-hour workshop with a product team, helping them find the human language around the feature they’re building.
• Brainstorm with Design team mates on an ad for a Fortune award announcement.
• Write. Write. Write. Bring a compelling conversations to life.
• Answer email. (Let’s be real.)
• Join a Marketing and Design team weekly to share wins, questions, business updates, and team goals.
Your days look like that because:
• We’re changing banking for good. We’re excited about doing that in HR too by creating an amazing associate experience.
• We’re all humans with unique emotions about our experience – even as a Capital One associate.
• Our Marketing and Design team wants to bring simplicity, ingenuity, and humanity — and personality, where appropriate — to our associate experience. It’s a big responsibility, but that means it’s also a big opportunity to do something real, good, and important for over 46,000 associates.
• HR is charging toward a new associate experience – everything from joining our little family, to signing up for benefits, to achieving their financial goals. We emphasize a design mindset, rapid iteration, and lean development, no matter what we’re working on.
You’ll need to be pretty dang good at wearing these hats:
• Associate Advocate: You’ll dig into who our associates are and what language they use – then ensure our products speak their language.
• Writer: You’ll build trustworthy relationships with associates by making “simplicity and humanity” core facets of our content.
• UX Designer: You’ll establish a cohesive conversation with users, both within and across our many digital experiences.
• Researcher: You’ll test your content on real associates, iterate until it’s clear as a blue sky, then see it rolled out to millions of people.
• Data Scientist: You’ll use data (both quant and qual) to drive your messaging decisions, disprove hypotheses, and support/dispel your assumptions
You’ll love your job THE MOST if you:
• Want to be a part of changing banking for good
• See words as an incredibly powerful tool for connecting with people
• Are passionate about human experiences and want to use your influence to design experiences that build trust and help people
• Are articulate and prepared, able to confidently substantiate your decisions to peers and senior-level executives alike
• Have a positive yet practical attitude – if we called your colleagues, they’d gush over how much they love working with you
• Work quickly without compromising quality, knowing that iteration and testing are just part of designing exceptional associate experiences
• Take initiative, aren’t afraid to fail, ask thoughtful questions, and constantly seek better ways of working and communicating
• Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
• At least 5 years of experience with content strategy
• Master’s Degree in Communications, Master’s Degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), or Master’s Degree in Design
• 7+ years of experience with content strategy
• 5+ years of experience designing for digital products and interactions
• 3+ years of experience leading content-first design
Interested applicant(s) are encouraged to apply directly and send your resume and work samples to Rdavenport@aquent.com for immediate consideration. Please note that selected talent will be required to work onsite in Richmond, VA. THIS IS NOT A REMOTE OPPORTUNITY.