Content Strategist, Digital Destinations & Storytelling Team
Reason for the role : We do not have a Content Strategist in the team so there has been a gap in the team. The more complex and higher volume of content we handle as a team needs to be managed and also looked at strategically
What does a typical day in this role look like : A typical day could be project managing content coming into the team, helping us work out how to amplify certain content and stories on out digital channels, oversee website content we have and how we could better position it in line with the strategy and business needs.
What makes this role interesting ? : The team are fun, energetic and passionate and this is what we need from the candidate. The CMO team are an award winning marketing team and this makes the role interesting.
The Content Strategist within the Digital Channels team will work alongside other Digital team members and colleagues across the marketing organisation to manage content and the narrative strategy to help optimise engagement and improve channel health, in order to deliver on agreed business outcomes. The candidate needs to have strong project management skills and content management skills. They also need to be able to demonstrate impact and influence over cross teams and levels.
Responsibilities will range from day to day operational management through to being an active v-team member of integrated marketing campaigns. Operating within the global web framework, the successful candidate will ensure that relevant content is featured on our properties in a timely manner, that it is effectively promoted through other owned and operated channels, and that its positioning and usage is measured and optimised.
The role requires a proactive individual with the confidence to debate and share ideas and the personal drive to identify opportunities and generate change. It would suit somebody who is keen to get involved and use this opportunity to build a career in digital marketing.
Responsibilities will include:
• Partnering with the product and commercial marketing managers to share the content strategy and help translate it into actionable digital marketing metrics. Identifying ways of using our digital properties to achieve agreed business outcomes using the strategy.
• Working closely together with the relevant Social Media Community Managers, PR, Events and our Digital Paid marketing teams to ensure a strong connection between all channels and other digital destinations, such that they complement each other and all have a narrative thread that links them together
• Coordination and running of our editorial content scrums, working closely with the Digital Destination and Storytelling Lead.
• Coordination of content for campaigns that need digital support
• Monitoring overall content resonance scoring providing a regular view of this with insights and recommendations for improvement, to stakeholders.
Skills and experience:
• A passion for content and experience writing content strategies
• A passionate, go getting person, self-driven with acute attention to detail.
• Someone who thrives off process and has experience managing content and large-scale projects
• Experience of active involvement in marketing communications campaigns
• Ability to work within and across multiple teams and with a range of stakeholders in order to deliver on shared goals, liaising between technical, creative and business teams.
• Able to bring new ideas and proposals to execute via our owned and operated digital channels and to provide valued input into marketing campaign plans.
• Resourcefulness, proactive approach and can-do attitude – must be a self-starter who can identify opportunities and see them through to completion.
• Good creative judgment – ability to express opinion with objectivity.
• Multi-tasker, able to juggle a number of tasks.
• Reliable, and able to deliver against timely deadlines.
• Ability to cope with periods of high pressure whilst retaining a measured and rational approach.
• Knowledge of SEO best practices, with the ability to analyse web traffic data and provide insight on the performance of marketing campaigns.
• Related Degree preferable
Team/ Department Mission
The UK CMO team is responsible for delivering B2C & B2B marketing programmes in the UK in order to drive key marketing goals to meet our overall business objectives and UK country requirements for Corp. We manage a significant number of global superbrands including Windows, Surface, Bing, MSN, Internet Explorer, Office, & Outlook – one of the most exciting brand portfolios available to any marketer.
The CMO team aspires to best-practice marketing, in pursuit of world-class status – through innovative campaigns, ground-breaking creativity, rigorous results analysis, and thorough consumer insight. We are a multi-award winning team receiving ongoing recognition from the industry, with a successful track record in innovation & creativity.
The Digital Destinations and Storytelling Team is part of the wider Digital team within UK CMO. It also encompasses Social Media, Paid Media and Events, and we work closely together with the Marketing Communications teams within CMO to build integrated marketing campaigns and deliver ongoing customer communications and relationship programmes across all sectors of the organisation. We strive to combine digital innovation and marketing best practice in order to deliver on measurable business.