The Content Steward manages and maintains all modular content deemed as master content for the digital repository, which contains print and online content as well as images and videos. This includes ensuring that the storing, archiving, and taxonomical layout of information resources are consistent across and throughout the organization. The Content Steward is responsible for keeping all metadata associated with content up-to-date and accurate.
Other responsibilities include the following collaborative committee work:
- Prepare a long-term plan for categorizing, indexing and archiving all content and information resources, whether they be generated in-house or derived from third-party agents.
- Develop a comprehensive taxonomy for organizing information resources based on business goals and requirements from stakeholders.
- Assess, recommend, and purchase corporate library development tools as required, and track new standards and methodologies.
- Compile and maintain a detailed inventory of existing electronic and print marketing tactic resources, and identify knowledge gaps and make recommendations.
Skills and experience needed:
- Master of Science in Library and Information Science (MSLIS) from an American Library Association accredited program. A concentration in Digital Libraries is preferred.
- Organizational skills to develop a successful strategy that expands future digital content discovery and delivery to the CMS
- Experience as a digital reference librarian, an interface designer, an enhanced service provider for digital collections in libraries, or a webmaster in libraries and other organizations is a plus
- 2-3 years’ experience in records management and in cataloging and classifying materials
- Demonstrated familiarity with metadata standards, communication standards, and classifying systems.
- Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS), SDL Tridion experience is preferred
- Broad knowledge of library tools, systems, and resources in corporate organizations. Solid technology background, including Microsoft Office Suite software, and familiarity with trends in delivery of electronic information