Our global client's fast-paced Creative team oversees creative concepting, content writing and editing, and design for marketing campaigns in North America. Our projects include emails, websites, sales tools, training materials, print pieces, ads, sales letters, presentations, event and trade show graphics, videos, signage, and more.
The Marketing Content Specialist reports to the Content Manager and has the following responsibilities:
● Provide a creative spark and be a resource for brainstorming new, innovative and competitive marketing solutions.
● Collaborate with product and service development, management, and marketing to gain a thorough understanding of the market, competitive product benefits, and marketing objectives so that copy will be targeted and compelling.
● Support requests for creation of original content for comprehensive marketing campaigns.
● Receive content from clients and other sources and edit/optimize it as follows:
○ Proofread and edit for grammar, spelling, accuracy, and style
○ Ensure consistency in message, voice, and brand
○ Ensure appropriate keyword placement for SEO, if applicable
● Help ensure that products, services, events, initiatives, etc. are represented across all of our marketing websites where appropriate.
● A digitally savvy marketer with 3-5 years of experience writing for print, email, web, and
Hybrid role/Writing background as well as knowledge of Project Management/Marketing.
● Other marketing communications in content marketing, advertising, public relations or related fields. Experience in education a plus.
● Appreciation of print and web layout, design, and user experience. Understanding of SEO and mobile best practices.
● Working knowledge of HTML and web publishing/content management processes, systems, and related tools.
● Positive attitude and team spirit.
● Excellent verbal, written, organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
● Exceptional attention to editorial detail. Impeccable editing skills. Familiarity with using editorial style guides (particularly Chicago Manual of Style).
● Proactive and forward-thinking. Enjoys collaboration and offers ideas to improve projects and processes.
● Self-starter and highly detail-oriented, with the organization and time management skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to shift priorities according to business needs.
● Must be able to work quickly under deadline pressure and follow through on assignments.
Role will be 3-6 months, hours varying depending on how many projects assigned each week.
Must have writing samples
Must be team oriented