Make an impact
Our service is the world’s leading Internet TV network, with over 81+ million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including award-winning original content. As we aggressively expand our global footprint, we strive to offer something great to watch for every customer on as many devices in as many languages possible.
Our two missions are 1) providing the best customer experience; and 2) global scalability. We accomplish these goals by caring about quality, obsessing about metrics and constantly innovating. The relationships and content you manage will directly contribute to delighting customers when they have the best-quality content to watch.
The position is on site in our Tokyo office.
In this role you will:
• Manage Japanese local content partnerships from end to end, ensuring timely, accurate delivery of assets for film and TV content (video, metadata, subtitle, dub audio, etc)
• Liaise with production teams for our originals content, ensuring key dates and delivery milestones are communicated and consistently met
• Coordinate localization of subtitles and dubs in several languages for global launch titles (for both licensed and original content)
• Stay highly aligned with cross-functional teams, including content acquisitions, product, finance, engineering, encoding, QC, localization and marketing
• Navigate a variety of technical and content management systems
• Analyze delivery metrics to identify trends and escalate issues
• Assist in improving our workflows and tools to scale
• Curate our catalog of assets and champion a superior customer experience
If you are the right person for this role:
• You are never satisfied with the status quo; you are always thinking of how to make existing processes simpler and better
• You communicate clearly and succinctly and can adjust according to your audience
• You have keen judgment and can make decisions without agonizing
• You are comfortable with analyzing data to make informed conclusions
• You strive to make your team members better by giving real-time feedback
• You know how to prioritize a dozen spinning plates
• You live out our culture and values in the workplace
Do you have what it takes?
• Experience in digital operations
• Proven project management and team leadership
• Prior experience in a studio, post-production house or online content provider highly valued
• Working knowledge of post-production workflow, schedules and technical terms (i.e., various video formats, subtitle file formats) a plus
• Excellent communication (oral/written) skills in both English/Japanese
• Knowledge of and appreciation for the Japanese television and film businesses
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Make an impact