About the Role:
We are looking for a prolific and talented Content Marketing Manager to write and produce various types of downloadable content and blog regularly, to expand our company’s digital footprint, awareness, subscribers, and leads. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills. The Content Marketing Manager will fuel inbound marketing strategies including email, social media, search, lead generation, banners, direct mail, partnerships, etc. by strategizing and creating content, webinars, case studies, white papers, e-books, videos, infographics, etc.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally with SEO, Social, Product Managers, Product Line Mangers and lead a team of internal/external writers. You will own the ROI on content generation efforts. You will play a pivotal role in helping us execute integrated content marketing strategy that drives new customer acquisition, customer retention, customer lifetime value and overall lead lifecycle management. The ideal candidate will have high energy, superior communication and writing skills, excellent problem-solving skills, strong relationship building abilities, an affinity to learn new technologies, and an eye for detail.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop the strategy and processes to scale output of content
- Make data-driven decisions to move the team and content forward and hit company goals
- Align content strategy to meet B2B and B2C business goals with targeted audiences
- Evaluate competitor content strategy, identify audiences and prepare content strategies
- This role requires a brand publisher mindset: create the content our audience is looking for and then to optimize the path to conversion
- Set up content marketing initiatives to drive traffic, engagement, leads that deliver sales and customer retention
- Map content strategy to targeted audience segments and personas
- Establish closed-loop analytics with sales to understand how our inbound marketing activity turns into customers, and continually refine our process to convert customers.
- Manage internal and external content production resources, budgets, and timelines
- Act as Editor and review content in the process of development
- Improve performance by editing and providing actionable feedback to all resources
- Follow content marketing trends, analyze and report on content performance
- Drive and prepare quarterly content development roadmaps, assign resources and manage weekly assignments within budget constraints
- Incorporate SEO, Social, Corporate, PPC, Email, Video and other media marketing requirements into the roadmap
- Develop editorial governance so content is consistent with our brand voice, style and tone
- Editorial calendar and organization workflows must be developed and managed
- Management of all creative resources including designers, writers, and other agency personnel
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors of Art or Science degree from accredited college/university. May substitute equivalent work experience for education on a year to year basis.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use data to inform all decisions
- Experience creating content for the web and growing a social audience
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume
- Ability to analyze and present content and social performance
- Experience with WordPress, Google analytics, SlideShare, and the top social channels
- Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results in the form of engagement, leads and sales