Vitamin T is working with a local engineering company based in Kirkland to find a Senior Content Manager who knows technology and can write to the engineers and users who need the technology, how-to-guides, reference materials, instructional writing, basically a UX writer for tech customers.
This person will be working on humanizing existing content templates to engage users, work closely with stakeholders, and needs to be ready for a fun work environment that believes in work hard, play hard.
Are you looking for a 3-month contract-to-hire role that will offer you a lot of growth and an opportunity to work with amazing technology? Keep reading and apply today!
As Senior Content Developer, you will join the Content & Community Team in Kirkland to help shape the customer experience with our client’s software and supporting content.
This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated person who wants a leadership role designing and managing high-quality learning experiences and user assistance strategies that address the needs of optical and mechanical engineers throughout the customer journey.
• Author or edit technical content, partnering with internal subject matter experts on UI text, conceptual and how-to topics, getting started guides, and other reference materials that help customers use our products successfully.
• Collaborate with subject matter experts to develop technical case studies and customer testimonials.
• Influence the product user experience, and distill complex processes into intuitive and elegant UI.
• Lead a major project to triage and update our Knowledgebase of technical how-to content.
• Develop and evangelize internal resources, such as writing and style guidelines, content templates, and database of customer quotations.
• Help develop research strategies and tools, including surveys, interview guides, field studies, and concept/prototype testing.
• Author or contribute materials for the company website, tradeshows, and other outreach efforts as needed.
• Ensure the voice of the customer is reflected throughout branded content, whether developed by you or other team members.
• A minimum of 7 years of industry experience as a technical content professional (whether writer or editor) with a proven track record of developing UI text, Help topics, and other technical content in close collaboration with engineers.
• A strong portfolio that demonstrates practical knowledge of authoring and publishing content for a technical audience, plus user-centered design, usability principles, and information architecture.
• A passion for learning and helping others learn about technology.
• Expertise in UX design thinking, with the ability to identify the best solutions that meet user needs and company business objectives.
• Ability to deliver the right learning at the right time for users, potentially through new form factors and technologies.
• Superb written and verbal communication, presentation, interpersonal, and project management skills.
• Ability to plan and prioritize your work and to manage multiple deliverables in a fast-paced environment.
• Proven track record of taking a creative, customer-centric approach to problem solving, overcoming obstacles, and turning challenges into opportunities.
• Ability to communicate user needs persuasively across roles and levels in the company.
• Ability to pitch content or project ideas and solutions to internal stakeholders (including non-content audiences) and to explain and rationalize your decisions.
• Expertise in creating content for a global audience.
• Bachelor's degree in English, human-computer interaction, or related field.
The ideal candidate also has the following skills or characteristics:
• Driven to identify and tackle what needs to be done and proactively does it.
• Super smart, collaborative, adaptable, energetic, resourceful, and analytical.
• Highly customer-focused and detail-oriented.
• Superb editing skills, especially for technical content written by engineers.
• Strong instructional design skills.
• Knowledge of trends in user assistance, training, and content publishing.
• Experience working with distributed teams worldwide.