The newly formed AI and Research Group brings together our world-class research organization alongside all our AI product efforts to provide greater innovation in AI, and to enable us to create truly intelligent systems and products for our customers.
We are an agile cross-disciplinary lab and our work spans social, search+graph, and conversation-driven experiences. We have most recently been at the forefront of focus on Conversation as a Platform (CaaP), developing and delivering Bot Framework which enables developers to build and connect intelligent bots to users wherever they are – from Skype to Facebook Messenger, Slack, Kik, Telegram and more.
We are seeking a strong Content Engineer with a passion for technology and a focus on developer experience. Your role is to walk in the developer’s shoes, creating samples, documentation, and solutions for platforms and technologies we support. You’re the Bot Framework developer platform’s first customer. Your mission: to advocate for all customers, improve the dev model, and help developers working with our products and technologies. As part of the product team, you get the early bits, build apps and code snippets, to provide early and actionable feedback that improves the worldwide developer experience and platform APIs. You’re also passionate about creating modern, rich and engaging developer-focused content that flows from your first customer experience using our development technologies.
- Become an expert in the Bot Framework developer platform and then turn that expertise into developer educational material(s) (docs, samples, videos, showcase apps, etc.) to help developers use our platform and ultimately accelerate adoption.
- Produce high-quality technical content to help the community adopt our platform using an open and collaborative authoring system.
- Help create an excellent developer experience, ensuring the right information, engagement, and tooling needs are met.
- Develop a sense of ownership of your content area, improving and optimizing to address and evolve business and customer/partner scenarios.
- Work as a part of a team, mentoring others where appropriate, sharing expertise, and productively sharing information with peers and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Computer Science, Technical Communications or related field, or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of software development, programmer writing, or deep technical PM experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to speak to technical and non-technical audiences
- Familiarity with cloud services
- Deep customer empathy and a passion for new technologies
- 2+ years’ experience engaging with community, presenting and sharing code
- 2+ years’ experience with Git, GitHub, DevOps, and Open Source Software projects
- 2+ years’ experience project management of complex content areas