Job Title: Content Editor/Strategist
Based in Victoria London
Salary: This role is paying £32-38K
Contract: Up to 6 months and could potentially role on
Our client’s advertising solutions team is a multi-disciplinary team responsible for the end-to-end sale and delivery of custom branded advertising solutions across all of its digital properties.
Content Strategists perform a crucial function within the team in generating ideas and content for non-standard digital advertising campaigns across the client’s platforms and services. They are responsible for conceiving, commissioning, creating and editing multi-platform, multi-media branded content for a wide range of clients and agencies.
The Content Strategist role requires a versatile, creative individual who is articulate, focused and driven by success. A natural self-starter the candidate will possess creativity, tenacity, diplomacy and the ability to manage multiple tasks for multiple stakeholders. They will have outstanding attention to detail and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
This team’s output is of a high, market-leading standard, and they pride themselves on creating compelling and engaging solutions for their clients and end users. Content Strategists in the team must conceive and create high quality, engaging content and ideas that work across all the devices and services that the client offers.
You will on occasion be required to assist in pitching to clients to discuss ideas and add clarity around the build and delivery of their custom solutions. You will also be asked to participate in project status meetings to provide relevant input and updates.
The Content Strategist role requires a versatile, creative individual who is articulate, focused and driven by success. A natural self-starter the candidate will possess creativity, tenacity, diplomacy and the ability to manage multiple tasks for multiple stakeholders. You will have outstanding attention to detail and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
Skills and experience:
• A digital all-rounder with a proven track record in digital publishing or digital journalism at either another media owner or agency
• Experience of working with commercial partners and clients
• Excellent writing skills and the ability to create compelling long and short form content
• Excellent editing skills with the ability to reversion long form web content for other platforms
• Strong knowledge of good UX and UI principles
• Strong knowledge of social spaces and their use in content distribution and entertaining audiences
• Use of content management systems
• Knowledge of HTML
• Video editing/shooting experience
• Client facing
• Attending, participating and taking the lead in brainstorms/ideas sessions
• Generating saleable ideas for the client’s products
• Creating wireframe page/screen layouts and user journeys
• Writing concept proposals
• Writing detailed content plans
• Writing video treatments
• Writing sample scripts
• Writing engaging headlines, captions and pull-quotes
• Sub-editing a variety of content
• Testing/QA of various digital projects to ensure the best possible user experience
• Ensuring content is SEO friendly
• Commissioning scripts, articles, galleries, videos
• Commissioning long and short form content features and photo stories
• Learning about new content environments as they emerge and building the skills to deliver high quality content on these environments
• Analysing and monitoring campaign performance using Omniture
• Publishing a variety of content using content management systems
• Providing relevant, constructive feedback and direction for designers, sales colleagues and peers
• Collaborating on pitches with other business groups
• Collaborating with design, PMs, sales specialists, other content strategists
• Participating in and potentially leading initiatives to expand the commercial offerings of the team
** 2 plus years editing experience is required. Strong writing, editing, project management, communication and organisation skills required. Must have the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work as part of a team. Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English or a field related to the subject area in which they will be working is required.
If you are interested in this contract then please get in touch with me as soon as possible with your updated. Our CV submittal deadline is on Thursday 15th May at 11am.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Job Title: Content Editor/Strategist