Cars – Content Editor
My client is one of the UK’s most popular websites with around 16 million unique users every month. They get the majority of their content from premium partners.
The Cars section is one of the most popular sections of the Website, and it now requires a content editor to help drive its success. With the majority of its content coming from premium partners. The role of the Cars content editor is to create an immersive and engaging experience by curating from the most relevant and compelling partner created content, to entertain and inform our users.
We’re looking for an experienced digital media specialist to join the team. The key focus will be to drive growth, engagement and conversion for the Cars microsite. The successful candidate will be an experienced digital media, content marketing professional with junior/mid level experience. They will be tasked with using their experience and knowledge along with the latest content discovery and trend analysis tools and methodology, to devise growth, conversion and engagement strategies and campaigns in partnership with Editorial leads and Product Managers.
Must have strong communication skills, be brilliant at analysing data and turning ‘data-stories’ into actionable campaigns, and be comfortable in a fast moving, ever changing environment. Must have a passion for online and multimedia, trending topics, popular culture and the future of digital media with demonstrable understanding of current industry standards and techniques, changing internet technology, journalism trends and competitors. A good knowledge of the automotive industry will be a real benefit.
The site receives content from a variety of well-known and respected editorial partners. Your task is to select the best content and deliver it to our users. As part of the process, you may need to edit headlines, change promotional photography, and edit intros and sub-headings. You will work closely with the team that manages the homepage to ensure your stories are promoted to the biggest possible audience.
You should have experience of working in a targets driven environment and a good understanding of data analysis and real time analytics tools is essential. Understanding Video and Social a benefit.
• Manage the day to day content publishing requirements for the Cars section.
• Deliver audience growth and engagement in line with targets
• Work with editorial team on growth and engagement initiatives.
• Use data reporting tools to understand audience and programme content to engage them
• Write clear, interesting, enticing headlines.
• Sub-edit content as needed.
• Identify mistakes, bugs and other issues and raise them with relevant teams.
• Work with the partners supplying content and communicate the business needs. Work especially closely with them around major events, such as international motor shows.
• Promote apps and other Company services
• Communicate needs with overnight team, especially around upcoming ad-takeovers.
Qualities & skills needed
• Energy, Determination, “can do” attitude
• Ability to multi-task under pressure
• Good teamworking skills
• Ability to work fast, change direction, and be agile
• Experience of working with and attaining web traffic targets
• Have great attention to detail
• Very high standard of literacy & numeracy, computer literacy
• Experience of working on websites and content management systems
• Experience of working with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office applications
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop
• Experience of using analytical tools such as Adobe SiteCatalyst (Omniture) would be an advantage
• Experience of successfully delivering on challenging traffic targets
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Cars – Content Editor