START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT: 18 MONTHS
LOCATION: BELLEVUE, WA
** A FORTUNE 500 TRAVEL COMPANY IS LOOKING FOR AN EXCEPTIONAL CONTENT EDITOR! **
• Write, edit, publish, and test customer-facing content (such as, knowledge base articles, UI copy, email templates, and other content types) across multiple sites and in multiple languages, based on available requirements, tools, and processes.
• Adhere to strict in-house voice and style guidelines, UX principles, processes, and established standards for quality, scope, and usability of content.
• Create the optimum customer-facing content experiences that marry the business goals with the user tasks.
• Address update requests, clarifying details when necessary.
• Gather and maintain content requirements, content project documentation, and other similar information.
• Stand up customer-facing websites, thoroughly testing site functionality and content to ensure all requirements are met.
• Troubleshoot issues related to site features, functionalities, and content.
• Run basic reports on content performance and identify optimization opportunities
• Map content assets.
• Provide excellent customer service by responding to internal stakeholders in a timely, professional manner upon completion of content requests; and explaining why all or part of the request could not be fulfilled, when necessary.
• Proactively help to improve processes, implement projects, create documentation, and incorporate perspective to ensure a comprehensive job is done.
• Cross-train as needed and assist in meeting overarching content goals by handling other writing, editing, and project tasks, as assigned.
• Partner closely with product managers, UX designers, line-of-business partners, subject matter experts, engineers, localization project managers, and other content team members to create state-of-the-art content experiences that help solve the consumer’s problems, drive customer engagement, and reduce customer effort.
• Regularly report back to team on progress, flag issues and risks in a timely manner.
• Ensure content is accurate, functional, and relevant.
• Translate complex processes into simple, clear, end-user focused content solutions.
• Analyze website data to inform strategic content decisions and identify opportunities for impactful content optimizations.
• Energetic self-starter with a proven track record to get up to speed quickly
• 5+ years of experience creating and managing desktop and mobile content experiences for the end-user, and on a global scale
• E-commerce experience preferred
• 5+ years of experience working in a content management system
• Advanced HTML, Excel, Word, and Web publishing knowledge
• Content Project Management experience
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Skills to gather and clarify requirements, define content scope
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and scope/requirements change within a fast-paced, Agile environment
• Ability to work collaboratively across teams and departments, with minimal supervision
• Ability to follow strict processes, multi-task, and juggle competing priorities, while delivering content on tight timelines
• Ability to synthesize complex processes into simple and engaging customer-facing language
• Skills to solicit and manage feedback from a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
• Detail-oriented; data- and deadline-driven
• Experience with website analytics tools and reporting
• Degree in technical communication, English, or writing/editing preferred