For this 12 month assignment, Aquent's client is seeking a pop culture–savvy, experienced writer and editor to create and audit content across a wide range of verticals while supporting data operations and team managers.
Successful candidates will be able to work well under deadline pressure and maintain a high level of quality while adhering to a well-defined editorial style. Candidates can expect a fast-paced, high-energy environment working on a team that delivers high-impact, dynamic content in a timely manner. Good communication skills and ease working in a content-management system are essential for this position.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities
- Curating and writing content related to celebrities, breaking news and crisis response.
- Organizing data responses
- Audit content created by others
- BA/BS degree in journalism, digital media or a related field and have experience creating and/or editing daily online content
- 3+ years experience in print and or digital media.
- Able to audit frequently changing content and provide actionable, timely feedback to editorial team
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple work streams
- Can write succinctly, objectively and accurately and has headline-writing experience
- Demonstrates excellent editorial judgment
- Has experience with reporting, researching and fact-checking
- Ability to seamlessly jump from one topic and/or vertical to another
- Strong analytical and critical-thinking skills
- Technically savvy, comfortable maintaining spreadsheets (Google Sheets or MS Excel) and coordinating data entry
- Can adjust to a tight, well-defined editorial style & tone of voice
Nice to have
- Experience writing online content for breaking news, pop culture or profile articles
- Experience interviewing for a story