As a content developer, your role is to walk in the developer’s shoes, creating developer documentation, and solutions for platforms and technologies we support. You’re the developer platform’s first customer. Your mission: to advocate for all customers, improve the dev model, and help developers working with our products and technologies. As part of the product team, you will have access to early bits, build apps and code snippets, to provide early and actionable feedback that improves the worldwide developer experience and platform APIs. You’re also passionate about creating modern, rich and engaging developer documentation that flows from your first customer experience using our development technologies. You play a key part in driving an open source model for content development that encourages contributions from within the division itself as well as the developer community.
- Become an expert in the developer platform and work on developer educational material(s) (docs, samples, videos, showcase apps, etc.) to help developers use our platform and ultimately accelerate adoption.
- Produce high-quality technical content to help the community adopt our platform using an open and collaborative authoring system. This includes creating new articles and refactoring articles.
- Use relevant data and metrics to develop insights about influences and customer needs and to optimize content.
- Work with the product team to help create an excellent developer experience, ensuring the right information, engagement, and tooling needs are met.
- Assist with driving improvements to the dev model and improving the relevance of content within the appropriate customer flows and scenarios, and enhancing the complete end-to-end experiences
- 3+ years of technical writing experience, including developer documentation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to speak to technical and non-technical audiences
- Deep customer empathy and a passion for new technologies
- Experience with Git, GitHub, DevOps, and Open Source Software projects
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Computer Science, Technical Communications or related field preferred