Contract with opportunity for extension or perm with Fortune 500 Tech company in Mountain View!
This is an incredible opportunity to execute on content strategy for a rising star in small business SaaS. Help us develop the brand and nurture leads with end-to-end marketing messaging, targeted landing pages, behavior-based email campaigns, downloadable assets for our partners, and microsite/portal content. Collaborate with the content team and external agencies to create SEO-driven content that helps our users navigate the self-employed space.
What you’ll do:
- Write web content, including landing pages, success stories, and articles that help business owners make informed choices about small business financing
- Work closely a tight-knit team of interaction designers, visual designers, product managers, researchers, and other writers on a variety of high-visibility projects
- Execute on a strategy for consistent messaging across product, marketing, and care
- Follow editorial principles and brand guidelines
- Become best buds with visual and interaction designers, and take any feedback on copy with a great attitude
- Participate in customer research and use new insights to generate content that resonates with customer needs and delivers delight
- Work on multiple projects at one time, using strong communication skills to manage time and expectations appropriately
- 3+ years of experience in writing and editing
- Bachelor's degree required, Master’s preferred
- Portfolio of writing and editorial work demonstrating a mastery of language and the ability to simplify complex topics
- Experience in a range of marketing content, demonstrating how to thread a consistent message through touch points
- Strong developmental and copy editing skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills, include strong working knowledge of grammatical principles and application. You probably took grade school standardized tests like a champ. Your mom put all your reading comprehension scores on the fridge.
- Deep understanding of digital and even deeper understanding of brand
- Knowledge of web and mobile technologies and their impact on the feasibility of a design