We’re looking for an experienced copywriter and editor to help us refine and centralize our process for creating copy organization-wide, while bringing new perspective that helps refine our message and tone. While you’ll be crafting the majority of our marketing copy, you’ll also be working with and mentoring contributors across the organization who are working on in-app, product, support, sales and internal communications copy, as well as serving as the final checkpoint forquality and consistency. We’re design-led and user-driven, so we consider everything from a Facebook ad to an in-app payment screen as part of the user experience, and copy is central to that experience.
- First and foremost, you’re a writer, editor and excellent project manager.
- You’re someone who understands that a single, well-placed word can have more impact than a paragraph of text.
- You understand that copy is subjective and are willing to incorporate stakeholder feedback in everything you do, but are also willing to advocate your perspective. After all, you’re the expert.
- You’re comfortable (eager, in fact) developing and refining processes to ensure a large backlog of copy requests are groomed, assigned, completed and reviewed in a timely manner.
- You’re convincing. Your copy could convince an arachnophobe to buy a pet tarantula.
- You care about use experiences and understand how each touchpoint of a user's journey, no matter how small, can make a difference in a particular metric or funnel.
- You’re awesome to work with. You’ll be working with a growing team from diverse cultural, professional and social backgrounds. We love bouncing ideas off of each other, taking on projects out of our comfort zones and leaning on our diverse skill sets. We firmly believe that our collective talents create better results than any individual skills ever could.
- Write. A lot. You’ll be creating copy for emails, subject lines, app store descriptions, in-app messages, landing pages, video cards, digital ads and multiple variations of all of them so we can test which resonates the best. Your words make people want to try our product!
- Edit. You’ll be the official editor-of-record for the company and as such, you’ll serve as the final gate between copy creation and publication. We’ll look to you to ensure all copy, regardless where in the organization it was born, complies with our style guide, tone and quality requirements.
- Project manage. We’re looking to you to create (or refine) a cohesive end-to-end process for getting copy from backlog to publication. This means everything from intake, assignment, editing, creative review and publication. Look at what we’re doing and help us make it better.
- Advise. You’ll be working with multiple and diverse contributors across the organization and you’ll be responsible for helping them match their copy to our style guide and quality requirements.
- Collaborate. we have a great team and we are all passionate about our success. We work closely across departments and we hate silos. As such, you’ll work with stakeholders in every part of the business and incorporate their ideas into your work.
- Represent. Your words and tone will help represent the brand we’ve worked hard to build over the years.
- Experience writing brilliant marketing copy and have the portfolio to prove it.
- Familiarity with AP Style.
- Experience editing other people’s work and the ability to give constructive feedback.
- Experience working with stakeholders from multiple departments with varied perspectives.
- Experience collaborating closely with a talented design team.
- Strong project management skills. A lot of people need words created and you’re tracking all of them.
- Experience writing copy for email, web and mobile app marketing.
- Experience working for a publication and within its structure (managing editor, section editors, contributors, etc.) is strongly desired.
- 7+ years of experience with progressively increasing responsibility.
- 4-year degree required, preferably with a focus on journalism, marketing, advertising, English or creative writing, but experience and a stellar portfolio trump all.