The Experiences and Devices Consumer Content Team seeks a talented and creative writer to focus on our troubleshooting support content. In this exciting new position, you will be part of a team responsible for working with, and analyzing a vast array of machine learning datasets to identify gaps in current documentation. Your work may be a continuation of documentation already started, a revamp of existing documentation or brand-new documentation.
- Ability to analyze messy real-world data sets and present findings and business recommendations to stakeholders.
- Ability to understand the problem; generate ideas; propose ideas and update documentation accordingly.
- Interact cross-functionally: Work with people across teams to find creative solutions and deliver them.
- Write and update general troubleshooting content.
- Write and update content for updating, upgrading, and activating.
- Collaborate closely with peers in customer support to identify stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Collaborate with channel managers to ensure content updates meet publication and localization deadlines.
- Maintain the voice principles in our support content.
- 3+ years writing consumer help content.
- Self-starter. Ability to manage and balance workload.
- Solid problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work without supervision as well as collaboratively across multiple teams and disciplines.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Comfortable using several different authoring tools in various stages of development and stability.
- Comfortable juggling different schedules and managing different processes across projects.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and resourcefulness.
- Quick learner. Ability to pick up different authoring tools and technology.
- Strong tech writing skills for end-user/consumer audience (writing help/support content a plus) with knowledge of various Writing Style Guides.
- Editing experience (proofing, copyediting, dev editing, style/voice) and quality assurance experience preferred.
- Knowledge of how to work effectively in HTML and XML environments.
- Experience using an XML editor, as well as navigating easily between different proprietary authoring and content management systems.
- Experience working with Word and Excel.