The Consumer Content Team seeks a talented and creative writer to focus on our troubleshooting support content. You’ll work primarily with our customer support team to create new content or to update existing articles to address critical customer issues with the software.
In this role, you’ll rely on your investigative skills to ask subject matter experts the right questions to get to the heart of the issue; tenacity and persistence when following up with key stakeholders; and strong writing skills to clearly communicate the problem and solution to help customers get to a better place.
- Write and update general troubleshooting content.
- Write and update content for updating, upgrading, and activation.
- Collaborate closely with peers in customer support to identify stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Collaborate with channel managers to ensure content updates meet publication and localization deadlines.
- Maintain the Voice principles in our support content.
- 3-5 years writing consumer help content.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work without supervision across multiple teams and disciplines.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Comfortable using several different authoring tools in various stages of development and stability.
- Comfortable juggling different schedules and managing different processes across projects.
- Quick learner.
- Knowledge of how to work effectively in HTML and XML environments.
- Experience using an XML editor, as well as navigating easily between different proprietary authoring and content management systems.
- Experience working with Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with Visual Studio Team Services (VSO/TFS).
- Familiarity with voice and style guidelines.
Candidates should submit a resume and writing samples.