The Community Strategist will be responsible for overseeing the execution and implementation of the organization's community content strategy. Under the guidance of the Director of Media and Community, they will assist with the development of community content strategy and work with the Community Marketing Senior Advisor to ensure maximum exposure for content on paid platforms. The Community Strategist with the assistance of Project Coordinator will manage all community content projects from receipt of brief all the way through to execution.
The Community Strategists will be primarily responsible for providing strategic counsel while managing the day-to-day liaising between the organization's internal studios and the internal business unit. In addition, they will be the key liaison between for the outsourced Community Management team. They will be responsible for managing the budget allocation as well as ensuring that the project objectives are met within the set timeline.
The right candidate will have an ability to creatively problem solve, lead, manage, train and collaborate with a multi-disciplined team. They will be detail orientated, but have an ability to see the bigger picture. The right candidate will foster solid business relationships at every level of the organization. That includes relationships with the senior-most executives, with the more traditional forms of media within Integrated Communications, and with personnel in various departments and states.
The Community Strategist will manage a Multi-Media Producer as well as Project Coordinator to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of integrated community content for various business units. They will provide support and strategic insight to the organization's VP of Studios & Community Content as well as the Director of Media and Community.
• Serve as the leader for designated outcomes/objectives or business units by providing strategic counsel as well as growing social communication activity and presence
• Strategically approach problems, partnering with outsourced partners and internal teams to solve them, and think proactively about how to drive the business forward
• Direct and manage the implementation of social communication offerings across multiple channels
• Share best practice and personal learning in order to grow the team's digital literacy, grow internal business, and mentor the team
• Through the use of analytics develop a strong understanding of the audience and use the insight gained to drive the development of strategic community content
• Track and report metrics with strategic analysis and context for internal clients, executive leadership and the Director of Media and Community
• Manage and monitor progression of campaigns from initial concept through completion
• Manage the Studios team and external partners to ensure timely delivery of projects that are within budget
• Work closely with the Multi-Media Producer ensuring smooth and timely production
• Manage and advise on budgets, work plans or schedules and deadlines
• Use data and audience analytics to inform the direction of the community content as well measure the effect of that content
DELIVERABLES / RESPONSIBILITY:
• Maintaining the brand on established and emerging social platforms
• Developing social communication that resonates with the target audience and creates impact amongst that audience
• Responsible for helping to grow membership and in so doing grow revenue
• Responsible for ensuring the most effective and efficient use of social communication budgets
• Report the health and evolution of communities on a monthly and quarterly basis to the Director of Media and Community
• Staying current on industry trends and technological developments all while applying the best thinking and practices to social communication
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Demonstrate a strong ability to develop and manage community content strategy
• Demonstrate an ability to use data, analytics and audience metrics to direct and measure social communication
• Possess strong client service orientation and account management skills
• Demonstrate excellent understanding of, and ability to work within, organizational politics, networks, and a matrix management system
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills (e.g. listening, negotiating, facilitating, managing conflict, flexibility.)
• Demonstrate strong working knowledge and understanding of social communications platforms, blogs, microblogs, mobile, user-generated sites, etc.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Commitment to quality and accuracy – strong attention to detail
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs