The Games Label Community Manager is a visible and strategic marketing role, engaged with consumer communications throughout the product lifecycle from development, to marketing, to support. This role actively analyzes and provides consumer insight across all online channels, helping to bridge the gap between internal studios and marketing teams, and the communities that play and talk about their games. A successful CM leverages this broad, long-term reach to drive objectives such as consumer retention and engagement, conversion to sale of post-release downloadable content, and support for the core packaged product’s sales objectives. The Action CM will partner with many cross-functional teams around the world to ensure global alignment.
- Develop the global communications plan across web, social channels and in-game, and (in partnership) CRM
- Manage execution of the communications plan and drive towards established program KPIs (social media & web traffic, email opt-ins, online play activity, demo downloads, downloadable content sales)
- Generate earned media placements on influencer & 1st party channels (in partnership with internal teams)
- Manage the moderation and curation of user contributions across our social channels and forums (either directly or through agencies)
- Develop and execute live events, appointment gaming, community days
- Report on community sentiment and activity, actively contributing to ongoing marketing programs and product insights
- Mobilize the community to amplify our communications and extend marketing reach via our social channels. This includes creating and posting content, driving engagement and conversations, moderating Facebook and Twitter, and managing content on our YouTube channel.
- 3-5 years experience working in online communities, online journalism, online marketing, or equivalent
- Demonstrated, expert writing skills. Samples will be required.
- Experience with successfully managing multiple projects and working directly with cross-functional teams.
- Experience working with high-profile strategic partners.
- Comprehensive understanding of online community as it relates to delivering business objectives.
- Online community expertise from a user standpoint. Online gameplay experience a plus. Must be an expert in relevant gaming categories.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Good understanding of broader entertainment industry: games, music, and movies, etc.
- Ability to think strategically and effectively present new ideas; creative thinker.
- This is a 6-12 month, full-time, W-2 contract position located in Redwood Shores, CA
- This position is not eligible for telecommute or offsite work
- This position comes with full benefits including a low premium, zero-deductible health care plan, 401(k) plan, dental and vision.
Please apply for this position via our online application, but know that your resume/portfolio will get reviewed by a Real! Live! Person! (We promise!)
AQUENT is a firm that offers content design and development, marketing, and creative services solutions. For more than 20 years, we have helped provide outsourcing and staffing solutions to clients such as Microsoft, HP, and Starbucks. We're a minority-owned business, committed to maintaining professional quality with a personal touch.
To view my other openings in design, games, front-end development and UX, please visit http://aquent.us/go/mollybennett