Social Media Community Manager
Addicted to Twitter? Can't stop pinning? Got Snapchat all figured out? If you’re interested in social media marketing for a Fortune 500 company, then step right up! Our client is looking for a social media superstar in the making with tons of curiosity, solid writing chops, a great sense of humor, and some professional experience managing social media platforms.
As a junior level marketer, the community manager is primarily responsible for working with the PR manager and socialmedia team to build brand buzz and connect with our consumers on various social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, and other emerging platforms.
The community manager reports to the Social Media Group Manager and the PR manager, but also works very closely with team members from digital, consumer affairs, creative, brand, media, shopper marketing, legal, and agency partners.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
• Write great content. Create compelling content (including copy and ideas for imagery) that’s designed to generate conversations about our brands. Ready to create the next great meme? We want to hear about it.
• Be a real human. Robots need not apply. Moderate our channels and put a real voice to our brands by quickly responding in a genuine manner to build real connections with consumers.
• Be a champion. Improve future products, services, and campaigns and advocate for our consumers by quickly responding to product issues or complaints, monitoring chatter, and keeping them in the know.
• Listen up. Use social media listening tools to understand what users are saying about our brands on our own social channels as well as earned chatter on external websites and platforms.
• Analyze to improve. Generate social media analytics reports, and make recommendations on how to improve through testing and new tactics. Why? Because you can only improve if you know where you’ve been.
• Stay current. Things are happening fast on social, and it takes a village to stay on top of it all. Community managers are expected to stay abreast of the latest memes to the most recent social platform changes.
What we’re looking for:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Copywriting experience is a huge bonus.
• A strong visual eye. Love taking pics using Instagram? Basic photo editing skills preferred.
• Great sense of humor. Do your friends think you’re funny? Our fans and followers probably will, too.
• Professional experience with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and blogging platforms is required. For example, know the difference between writing for Facebook vs. Twitter – or creating images for Instagram vs. Pinterest.
• Seriously outstanding organizational skills (you'll be juggling more than one brand and several clients at any given time)
• Meshes well with various team players, yet is strong enough stand up for our consumers when needed.
• Willingness to work some evenings and weekends. Facebook doesn’t stop for the weekend, and neither can we!
• Must be on intimate terms with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Some knowledge of basic features in Photoshop and Illustrator is a bonus.
• College degree required.
• 2+ years relevant job experience preferred.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Social Media Community Manager