The Community Health Educator is responsible for implementing the recommendations from the team’s Member Strategy Sub-Group. Executes member outreach strategies and collaborates health plan and Enterprise member initiatives.
- Utilizes data from analytics sub-group to optimize the experience
- Develops scripts, handbooks, letters, web content, and social media
- Conducts consumer research Absent of this position the department will struggle to delivery results without a team executing the strategies developed to reduce member abrasion and improve communications and collaborations across departments.
Responsible for identifying and communicating health education services, implementing health promotion and education programs and presentations, partnering with field marketing representatives on related recruitment and enrollment activities. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to: Coordinates health education programs in the community and reports outcomes. Educates members, prospective members, community organizations, and providers about Health Promotion policies, programs, and services. Develops and ensures implementation of member community education programs, classes and materials that focus on prevention, health behavior modification and disease management. Collaborates with marketing reps to identify and implement activities/services that promote retention and assist with market penetration and growth. Communicates community education programs and events to internal departments, providers, and members.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
•Executes on strategies: Telephonic/Face to Face member and provider engagement, Vendor relations, Collaborates and supports health plan and enterprise departments
•Understanding how any given program is performing
•Member acquisition, member welcome/onboarding and member retention
•Communicates barriers and challenges
•Can parachute in to support or drive initiative directly
-BA/BS in Health Promotion, Health Education, Nursing, or related field; 3 years of experience in health or managed care education; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Customer service and communication skills.
- Must be bilingual in Spanish and English
- Knowledge of company products, services and benefits
- Knowledge of the various health and social services with a special emphasis on services offered by community based organizations
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent understanding of claims and membership
- Project Management
- Competent at using Microsoft Office Suite
- Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, some experience with Access, plus to have Visio experience
-Candidates must have high energy, be willing to take this new project on, be flexible and able to change directions easily and be creative