The Community Health Educator is responsible for identifying and communicating health education services, implementing health promotion and education programs and presentations, partnering with field marketing representatives on related recruitment and enrollment activities.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates health education programs in the community and reports outcomes.
- Educates members, prospective members, community organizations, and providers about Health Promotion policies, programs, and services.
- Develops and ensures implementation of member community education programs, classes and materials that focus on prevention, health behavior modification and disease management.
- Collaborates with marketing reps to identify and implement activities/services that promote retention and assist with market penetration and growth.
- Communicates community education programs and events to internal departments, providers, and members.
- BA/BS in Health Promotion, Health Education, Nursing, or related field; 3 years of experience in health or managed care education; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Customer service and communication skills
- Knowledge of company products, services and benefits
- Knowledge of the various health and social services with a special emphasis on services offered by community based organizations
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent understanding of claims and membership
- Project Management
- Competent at using Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Access, Power Point