Our client is seeking a Community Engagement Associate adept at creating and leveraging stakeholder engagement opportunities through online communications and physical channels.. Key responsibilities include social media communications, events management , production management, and content-related stakeholder and community engagement. This position will support the marketing department and assist the senior communications manager in various marketing, communications, and operational tasks. This job requires the ability to support events and sponsorships at offsite venues. The ideal candidate is an organized and detail-oriented individual who has the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with accuracy and speed and prioritize tasks when multiple deadlines approach. This is a 12-month, full-time, exempt administrative-professional position.
Job Duties/Performance Objectives:
• Utilize persona-based marketing strategies to curate content for targeted audience segments, provide outreach to external content resources, and repackage content for appropriate channels.
• Facilitate stakeholder outreach to alumni, affiliate networks, external membership associations, and community colleges, through through social media, events, and other outreach channels in support of greater community engagement.
• Implement strategy for blog, website, portal, social media, and other digital properties for engaging community and industry partners including: develop monthly content strategies, curate and/or create content for targeted audiences, highlight strategic alliances, and demonstrate student, faculty, and staff successes.
• Serve as chair of the community relations sub-committee which oversees staff community grants, staff, faculty, and student conference participation grants, university sponsorships, association memberships, and other community engagement tasks as assigned.
• Assist in the holistic engagement of university messaging with regards to lead generation, public relations, and internal/external communications as needed.
Social Media Management
• Utilize social media to amplify engagement opportunities at events, sponsorships, and other channels.
• Work with agency partners as well as independently to create, implement, and monitor social media strategies and content.
• Build, manage, and grow social media presence among external stakeholders, media, and potential student populations through the effective use of community involvement, networking, and engaging with external partners.
• Effectively utilize current industry best practices to further existing social media use including but not limited to, optimizing existing platforms, researching and implementing new platforms, and increasing staff and faculty contributions.
Production and Event Management
• Support management and facilitation of university conference participation and university sponsorships.
• Coordinate video and testimonial production, including participant outreach, interviews, video strategy, vendor management, and day-of coordination.
• Manage logistics and assist in creating content strategy for internal and external events including vendor management, content management and strategy, and promotional materials in support of high value outcomes.
• Manage referral programs, school store, invoicing, and other project management as needed.
• Manage external vendors for the following activities: collateral, promotional products, photography, event talent, temporary hiring services, and others as needed.
• Social media writing and content calendar management
• Production and events management
• Experience in higher education sector or in an agency environment is a plus.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite CS6
• Experience working with third party vendors (graphic designers, agencies, printers)
Experience & Education Requirements:
• 1 to 3 years of experience in a marketing and/or communications
• 1 to 3 years of experience in community outreach and/or events management
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Able to take direction to provide effective support to the Marketing Manager.
• Undergraduate degree in marketing, communications, public relations, business, or other applicable areas of study.
• Ability to work independently while managing a high volume of projects.
• Detail oriented with excellent organization, project management, and problem solving skills.
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and highly dynamic environment.
• Strong customer services/interpersonal skills.
• Ability to gather complex sets of requirements and communicate them effectively and efficiently with outside resources.
• Able to work effectively alone and in teams to meet organizational objectives.
• Works well in a highly collaborative environment.
• Able to think and plan strategically.
Please reply with a resume and a brief summary of your relevant experience.