My client is a Global Technology Company who is looking for a fantastic wordsmith to join their team for a 12 month contract. The role pays up to £82 000/annum PAYE pro rata, depending on experience.
The Central EMEA PR team is looking for a brilliant writer, a creative whizz, and an organised multi-tasker to join their team.
We’re looking for someone who can work collaboratively with local PR teams across Europe, Middle East and Africa, as well as with senior PR colleagues in the US, to generate proactive coverage of our products and services - as well as manage and mitigate product issues when they arise.
The specific product areas to be covered will depend on the applicant’s background, skillset, and interests - but will include some of our most important products relating to technology, hardware and online platforms. The candidate will need to work with local PR teams to develop creative and eye-catching campaigns that allow us to tell positive stories about how these products make people’s lives easier. This could range from ‘evergreen’ pitches around tips and tricks, to new and groundbreaking projects that bring the relatively new technology to life in clever and interesting ways, to how developers across Europe are reaching huge audiences and generating revenue from our platform.
Additionally, the candidate will be expected to help manage and mitigate issues as they arise -- this could include everything from controversial content ranking highly in online search results, dealing with incorrect or misleading answers delivered by our products, and taking proactive steps to make products and services locally safe as we roll them out to more countries.
The candidate must be able to work cross-functionally with colleagues across Marketing, Product, Policy and PR.
Key attributes for this role are;
● Strong track record in consumer PR; creativity, and the ability to initiate scalable flexible campaigns that can be rolled out across EMEA countries in a locally sympathetic manner.
● Excellent organisational skills, to help local teams balance the workload and requests that come their way
● Excellent communication skills, to help bring complex ideas and narratives to life for local PR teams, so they can tell compelling stories to journalists
● Ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively, while ensuring key stakeholders feel informed and involved in the decision-making process
● Cool head and ability to parse and triage information quickly, to aid with the swift resolution of problems and issues
● Excellent time-management skills, to survive in a fast-paced environment with dozens of product launches in a given week, and often tight or changeable launch timings.