One of our valued clients in the Energy industry is seeking a Communications Writer with project management skills. This role will need to be onsite in West Houston. This is a long term temporary role that could work into a permanent role for the right fit candidate.
Works independently and with Creative Communications Manager to assist and coordinate the development and implementation of communication plans and strategies. Acts as primary communications consultant and scheduling hub for various business units. This position is the glue that holds the client and creative teams together.
1) Informational & creative writing. Conduct pertinent research, including interviews with subject-matter experts (executives, content owners, project managers, end users, etc.). Tailor messages for specific audiences, including internal and external customers, employees, and the general public. Content responsibilities include:
- E-Newsletters and cards
- Print Collateral
- Executive Letters
- Web Content
- Radio/Video Scripts
2) Skillful management of multiple projects, personalities and sometimes conflicting deadlines including: developing timelines, trafficking jobs, conducting pre and post production meetings/surveys, and managing archives.
Monitors and manages Creative Communications team capacity by conducting weekly status meetings to review all work in progress and resolve schedule conflicts.
Track projects as they move through the department, maintaining detailed records and ensuring that steps in the process are followed and all approvals are obtained. Maintain status report (currently a SharePoint task list).
Problem-solving skills and minute attention to detail are absolute musts.
Serve as communications consultant/liaison to business units, developing and implementing communication plans and strategies.
Establish and maintain working relationships with product managers, sales managers, technical personnel, etc. to develop/maintain an in-depth knowledge of CITGO products, services and needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Advertising or Communications. Strong command of English language with demonstrable aptitude in formal business-to-business writing and consumer focused writing. Proven mastery of grammar, syntax, usage, tone and spelling. AP Style proficiency. Balancing subject matter expertise with a brand's tone and voice.
- Microsoft Office suite proficiency, Wordpress, Sharepoint
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Five-plus years of demonstrable project management skills in an agency or marketing services environment.
- Working knowledge of social media community management, photography, graphic design and layout and print production preferred.