Job Title: Communications/PR
Reports To: Manager, Public Relations and Communications
Supports all Public Relations and Communications efforts, including executive communications, media relations, and internal staff communications. Creates compelling articles, speeches and other communications from concept to completion using print, web, and other media to promote SPE initiatives. Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Researches and writes presentations, speeches, and columns for board of directors officers. Drafts and distributes press releases, media alerts, backgrounders and other press material.
• Responds to media requests for events and meetings.
• Manages press room at assigned events and helps manage any agencies retained to help at events.
• Creates and executes a media clipping/mention process for SPE and its programs. Track news activity for the organization globally in print, web, and social media. Work with Communications Specialist, Social Media, for the social media outlets.
• Assists in working with regional offices to maintain standard for SPE press releases and media relations. Documents what is appropriate and desirable for media activities around events.
• Keeps tracks of global media coverage and provides monthly metrics report.
• Researches and writes SPE Annual Report.
• Helps create and execute internal communications plan
• Develops content for internal communications initiatives SPEnet, staff, and board briefs
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Writing; uses strong writing and editing skills for a variety of public relations projects, including writing press releases, speeches, presentations, web copy and email; edits copy to meet quality and style standards. Able to grasp technical topics related to the industry on a high level.
• Public Relations Management: understands and applies communication and public relations principles, and recommends creative approaches to meet project objectives; has ability to manage projects from concept to production, including overseeing schedules and budgets.
• Time Management: manages priorities to ensure on-time delivery of multiple projects with competing deadlines simultaneously.
• Project Management: works with many different people in different departments and functions, local and long distance; keeps projects on track; develop alternative plans in the event of potential roadblocks.
• Communication: applies effective listening and communication skills and proactively distribute information necessary to ensure understanding of projects, goals, or actions. Effectively presents information and responds to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Computer: employ strong computer skills (email, Outlook calendar, Internet and intranet environments, Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, advertising, public relations or related field. Minimum seven years relevant communications experience. Oil and gas industry experience very helpful.
Must be able to travel up to 15% both domestically and possibly internationally. Some overnight stay will be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs