Our client is a large financial institution in Wilmington, DE and they are looking for a Communications Writer/Editor to join their internal marketing team. This Communications Writer/Editor job is 6+ months with the potential to extend or go permanent. It is 40 hours a week, health benefits and 401K offered. The Communications and Translation Services team ensures the best possible customer experiences by crafting clear, consistent and credible communications. They embrace plainspoken communications and are looking for writers who can take a holistic approach to writing and collaborating with subject matter experts across different lines of business.
As a Communications Writer/Editor, you’ll refine the way we communicate with our customers. This means ensuring that all servicing communications are not only clear and relevant, but also that they reflect our brand. You’ll follow our in-house style guide so that all communications a customer receives support a consistent tone and experience whether they’re about a credit card, checking account or mortgage.
We want you as a Communications Writer/Editor to:
• Revise, rewrite, edit, and draft brand new content for customer-facing servicing communications, ensuring that they meet our writing standards and create a positive customer experience.
• Collaborate with stakeholders across many different lines of business to revise or rewrite communications. This will often involve negotiating proposed edits, so you should be comfortable working with a diverse group of stakeholders.
• Ensure that communications meet the needs of the business, client and the customer by understanding policies and procedures that may be unique to the business you’re working with.
• Meet the deadlines set at the start of each project, ensuring that you’re following our processes.
• Identify and recommend possible process improvements.
To be successful in Communications Writer/Editor role, you’ll need to have:
• A Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, journalism or a related field. A Master’s degree is nice to have though not essential.
• At least 3 years of related experience.
• Excellent writing and editing skills, and strong knowledge of customer-facing communication.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially SharePoint.
• Excellent relationship-building and presentation skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong working knowledge of bank policies, procedures and operations.
• Comfort working on a deadline, and excellent time-management and organizational skills.
• An ability to build and maintain rapport with customers, colleagues, peers and other departments.