Communications Specialist- Government Relations/Public Affairs
Responsible for providing complex communications consultation, communications planning, implementation and
recommended solutions for multiple programs and projects (targeting both internal and external
audiences) to meet Government Relations and organizational goals.
• Minimum three (3) years of editorial experience in an administrative, communications or public affairs support role within a national complex organization or with a communications/public relations firm.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or related field
• Write and edit straightforward and simple content for communications programs and projects including materials for newsletters, Web sites, tool kits, and other forms of internal and external communications to support clients' strategic communications requirements.
• Proofread and coordinate production of communications materials. Work with others on final placement of materials, including
distribution, and provide miscellaneous follow up.
• Update content client-specific and project communications and messaging.
• Function as communications assistant on programs and projects initiated by practice leaders or other communications and external relations staff by researching/collecting data, coordinating project schedules, maintaining project budgets, and numerous e-mail and database distribution lists as necessary to ensure high quality deliverables.
• Coordinates, as needed, presentation preparations, including speeches and talking points, researching and analyzing information, planning logistics, graphic presentation and overall coordination.
• Function as editorial and production assistant for Institute for Health Policy assets, Voice, GR memos and newsletters. Proof using Associated Press and style guidelines.
•. Requires patience and persistence in negotiating with numerous groups to get and maintain updated information in a timely manner.
• Working knowledge of policies, practices and systems.
• Frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards including social media.
• General application of concepts and principles.
• Full use and application of standard principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
• Familiarity with Office 365
• Ability to use or learn how to use Sharepoint, Box