Title: Communications specialist
This is an on-site 40 hour a week contract role.
The focus of this role will include:
1) ability as a strong writer and editor for internal communications
2) someone with strong coordination and cross-functional team communications
3) someone with great attention to detail
The communications specialist is part of the Sales and Account Management (S&AM) Market Readiness Communications team within Business Marketing Communications (BMC).
The S&AM Market Readiness Communications team effectively develops and implements internal communication plans and tactics that support S&AM’s mission and objectives.
The communications specialist actively pursues new information to develop communications and market messaging on issues relevant to S&AM.
This position writes, edits, and proofs benefit-rich content for internal messages and creates pages for the organization's Intranet.
Scope of the project: Contract assignment for copy writing and implementing communication plans in partnership with Market Readiness team
Top 3 skills needed to succeed in this position: Ability to write across mediums (concise articles and web copy), juggle multiple projects under tight deadlines, coordinate project intake/reporting
Top 5 daily responsibilities: Ghost writing and editing copy to be published across mediums, gathering/organizing information from key stakeholders, tracking/reporting team communications, support team communications strategies
• Work directly with senior-level management and subject matter experts from all areas, including marketing, sales, account management, lines of business, media relations, public affairs, products, pharmacy, benefits, systems, etc., to develop and deliver timely communications to a large account management, underwriting, and sales force across the program.
• Write and edit straightforward and concise content for variety of communications programs and support clients' strategic communications requirements — often on tight deadlines.
• Develop communication strategies and execute tactics on deadline.
• Analyze key project issues and recommend appropriate communication vehicles.
• Communicate complex issues in simple terms (both verbally and in written form).
• Create sales-focused talking points, elevator speeches, and FAQs.
• Proofread and quality check content developed by fellow team members.
• Procure guests and plan logistics for regular videoconferences and teleconferences.
• Create internal PowerPoint presentations.
• Develop, update, post, and serve as owner of certain content areas on Intranet site.
• Serve as a liaison between Marketing communication partners at internal meetings.
• Assume final responsibility for results of specific projects.
• Minimum of 3 years of writing/editing, leading projects, and developing and implementing strategic and tactical communications plans.
• Demonstrated excellence in working collaboratively in a team setting.
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience, in English, communications, marketing, public relations, or related field.
Experience Requirements: Minimum of three years of writing/editing, leading projects, and implementing strategic and tactical communications plans
Work Environment: Business professional
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Title: Communications specialist