This contract communication specialist will be responsible for executing marketing and communications plans in alignment with our brand, to engage and educate customers. Primary responsibilities will include writing, editing, and managing various promotions under the direction of a member of the promotions team.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Support Brand and Digital Initiatives (80%)
• Supports Brand and Digital team as requested for select initiatives within established deadlines, which may include Energy Efficiency promotions, energy education promotion, support of renewables promotions and events, and seasonal promotions (TOU, hot/cold weather, etc.) as well as support other customer events.
• Assist with production of print and email newsletters including photo selection, research, fact checking, copy editing, proofreading, coordinating stakeholder review and revision, and working with the print and digital production specialists.
• Work with internal clients to execute communications strategies that support marketing objectives.
• Execute cross-channel communication plans that align to business objectives and have a measurable impact on brand awareness, favorability and product enrollments.
• Take ownership of select multi channel promotions, managing the print and digital production process for assigned projects, to deliver products on time and within specifications.
• With supervision, capture all deliverables for assigned projects and create work-back plans that include goals, measurable objectives, tactics, timelines, key review cycles, stakeholders, decision makers and budget.
• Serve as a liaison with print and digital production specialist on assigned initiatives, working with internal and contract resources to ensure that production schedules are planned and met.
• Assist with coordination for a weekly team production meeting and maintain the production calendar with oversight from a team member.
• Assist with pulling and distributing media clips 2-3 days a week, using an online management system.
• Work with clients to maintain brand guidelines and brand voice in all communications.
• Keep clients and stakeholders, informed about work via formal (presentations) and informal (emails, meetings) communications.
• Proof various communications for the brand and digital communications team, following AP and PGE style.
• Create purchase requisitions, help manage contractor invoices, help with calendaring and other administrative support tasks as requested.
Other duties (20%)
• With some supervision, develop campaign reports that include actionable feedback on insights gained from research and results to help evolve communications strategies for the team and clients.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Typically a bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations or related discipline with 3+ years of professional experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• At least one year of experience writing and editing for external audiences – customers, external stakeholders, prospects, etc.
• A valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
• Comprehensive knowledge of both print and digital production environments and processes.
• Intermediate knowledge of AP style.
• Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage to a schedule and adhere to strict deadlines.
• Advanced skills in working collaboratively in a lively team setting.
• Advanced skills in computer systems, including Microsoft Office – Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
• Fluency in graphic standards and ability to apply them to templates.
• Advanced written and oral communication skills.
• Advanced skills in organization and prioritization, including managing clients with conflicting priorities.
• Advanced skills in working independently and taking the initiative with minimal direction.
• Intermediate skills in process improvements.
• Ability to think critically and process intuitively.
• Some knowledge of Photoshop or other photo-editing software a plus.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs