Our client a leading Health Insurance provider is looking for a dynamic Communications Specialist based out of their Philly office. The role will be responsible for Planning, writing, editing, and managing the development of complex/innovative communications material for all participating providers in their network and internal associates, when applicable. The responsibilities are -
- Manage a wide range of external communication projects with end-to-end accountability. Provide expertise and advice to internal clients on messaging, delivery method, and presentation of material based on platforms used.
- Provide technical and creative guidance to the communications staff and management.
- Develop communication plans geared toward the provider network, including any impacted internal audiences. Track assigned projects in production and collaborate across communication teams to keep projects on deadline and within budget.
- Create and edit content for a variety of external platforms (print and electronic) and their intranet site for associates
- Facilitate review and approval of all communications prior to production. Assist in content resolution when conflicting edits occur or questions arise.
- Create mail specs for outside vendor, ensure accuracy of materials produced, and participate in final quality check prior to printing.
- Work with web team to publish final approved content on various platforms, ensuring accuracy prior to launching in the live environment.
- Interact with all levels of management and associates to bring projects to completion. Ensures projects are completed according to client objectives and timelines.
- Assist in quality checks for communication material prepared by other staff members to ensure appropriate writing style is used, punctuation is correct, and corporate guidelines are followed.
- BA/BS in English, Journalism, Communications or equivalent discipline, or equivalent knowledge acquired by work experience and training.
- 4 - 6 years of progressively more responsible communications experience.
- Working Knowledge of desktop publishing, intranet communications, and content management.
- Experience in crisis communications will be a plus.
- Must be detail-oriented, flexible, and possess advanced written and verbal skills.
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects from inception to post-implementation and ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to interact with all levels of management and associates in a professional manner to produce successful outcomes.
- Knowledge of the health care industry is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, SharePoint, and other related communications applications is required.